What's a good locking air chuck?

Vulture

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've been looking around for a good locking air chuck and locally I'm finding what looks like junk. Maybe they're OK but they sure look crappy. Anyone out there have one they really like, Please let me know what brand and where you picked it up. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies guys. These are along the lines of what I'm looking for. I'm gonna order a set of each and try them out.

I'm confused. If I want to inflate a tire where the valve core was removed from the valve stem, do I want an open type air chuck?

The difference between an open and closed chuck is this -

An open chuck flows air all the time and will lock onto a valve stem and push down the pin in the Shrader valve so you can get the air into the tire.

A closed flow chuck does not flow air until it is locked onto the valve stem and pushes down on the pin in the Shrader valve.

An open flow chuck will fill a tire that has had the Shrader valve removed.

Many of us who use onboard or portable air systems without a tank use open flow chucks to avoid building up too much pressure in the hose between tires.

Those of us who use a tank to store air must use a closed flow chuck or the tank would empty as soon as the hose is connected to the tank.

Thanks. I'm interested in using an open air chuck with my garage compressor. When I change motorcycle tires, I think it will be easier seating the tire bead with an open chuck.

I'm learning allot from this thread but doesn't an "L-style" coupler attach to this:

791_side_3.jpg