What's everyone running for aftermarket headlights?

Factory fitted LED's are not the problem. DOT approved LED's are also not a problem - if they are properly adjusted after install. It appears that step is omitted by the majority of shade-trees who stick these things in their grill. I live in an area where there is zero enforcement of any rules of the road despite having a sizable police force. Anything goes apparently so getting blinded by every 5th car/truck is the norm. A-holes!

My Truck-Lites would have scorched retina's if I didn't crank them way down into alignment after install. There are many sources of info on how to do this including youtube.

Our Jeep headlight adjusters are finicky and freeze into the plastic ring resulting in stripped screw heads. It's best to take the time to remove the chrome ring and headlight assembly. Warm the plastic ring (hot water in a bowl works) and carefully work the screws with a T15 screw driver until they loosen. Silicone grease the screws/holes when you put it back together. Buy a cheap T15 screwdriver with a long skinny shaft for your tool box. T15 sockets of any small size will not fit!

Reactions: E1320
I run NAPA halogen sealed beams, $20 each.. No snow build up and they work with holes from rocks and half filled with water. Plus they are sold everywhere.

I hate the brilliant white light from LEDs. Stupidest thing ever to run lights which blind on coming traffic. Darwinism at its finest. I'll bet eventually they will start enforcing existing legislation and ban the ones which are stupidly bright.

It'll just take few high profile accidents where the guy crossing the centreline claims he was blinded by the oncoming traffic lights and the lawyers take it all the way. Think a zealot like Ralph Nader and the opportunity for $$$$$$ and publicity.

Did you see a big difference from the stock lights? I was thinking of going halogen too. The Sylvania sliver

JW Speakers

17BC08E1-E99C-4B6A-96FE-4E87DBC2C42B.jpeg

Reactions: Ephry73
COWONE 7" inch 105W Brightest LED Headlights with White DRL/Amber Turn Signal for Jeep Wrangler JK TJ LJ 1997-2018

$70 I've had them for a year including 2 Chicago winters and I love them. Amber turn Signal was a bonus and easy to hook up. They came with a harness for the DLR lights that I never hooked up, I just drive with my headlights on all the time. (I like the look of the LEDs in the instrument cluster)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07416PRCS/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: Oldguy
OEM JK lights, which are a little brighter, but then you also have more choices for upgrading the bulbs.
And they were free.

I wonder how many people upgrade their headlights, when the problem is actually their eyes. If you're using your phone flashlight to read a restaurant menu, then maybe super bright LED headlights is not the answer.
When I had my JKU Mojave Ed. I switched from the stock housings and bulbs to a set of H4 brazilian housings and the Phillips H4 Extreme vision bulbs. Night and day difference. The stock bulbs and housing just had a weird pattern. Maybe it was the year too. Mine was a 2011. These trucklite KOs may be a good update for the price.

Reactions: mushdogs