What's everyone running for aftermarket headlights?

RGB Halo headlights from Amazon/ BEEYEO for 89.99. I thought the headlights were bad on my 2001, but for whatever reason my 2004 was worse. I just bought the 2004 so the first night I took it out I stopped to see if the headlights were working it was so dark.

I didn't drive the jeep again at night until I got the new halos installed. Now I can see and I haven't got flashed yet because I took the time to aim them. Oh on a side note I don't care that the lights have Bluetooth color changing etc. I'm to old for that nonsense, I wanted cheap and bright.

Reactions: TJ Rubicus
@TJ Rubicus I have those same lights. Just a heads up, they flicker pretty bad in our Canadian Jeeps with DRL. They are fine once you turn your headlights fully on. I have some JW Speaker pwm harnesses in the way which hopefully solve the problem.
Hey thanks for the heads up.....I;m hoping that they arrive soon. Hoping that they are as good a light as everyone says

RGB Halo headlights from Amazon/ BEEYEO for 89.99. I thought the headlights were bad on my 2001, but for whatever reason my 2004 was worse. I just bought the 2004 so the first night I took it out I stopped to see if the headlights were working it was so dark.

I didn't drive the jeep again at night until I got the new halos installed. Now I can see and I haven't got flashed yet because I took the time to aim them. Oh on a side note I don't care that the lights have Bluetooth color changing etc. I'm to old for that nonsense, I wanted cheap and bright.

Can you just set the halo to white all the time or do you have to set it to white everytime you turn them on? I don't want the color either as it would be an easy ticket here. As long as they are white, I am good to go. :D

I was almost going to get the truck lite knock offs, but then I read the reviews. The Euro light guards don't fit over them. I'll have to go read the reviews on the RGB ones. The people that left the review for the truck lites said they don't fit because they are more flat than round. @mxz800 , are yours more flat then stock headlights?

These may be the most popular ones on the forum: Truck-Lite (27270C) LED Headlights (Chinese Knockoff Version)

For a good read on how these things perform, check this thread out: Replaced Headlights w/Truck-Lite Knockoffs
I’ve been running these for a few months. Zero complaints, love the amount of light they put out both low/high beam and they look close to stock. No issues being flashed by oncoming drivers. No flickering. My only question left about them is how they will do when snow flies and temps are sub-zero.

Reactions: Chris
I’ve been running these for a few months. Zero complaints, love the amount of light they put out both low/high beam and they look close to stock. No issues being flashed by oncoming drivers. No flickering. My only question left about them is how they will do when snow flies and temps are sub-zero.

I used mine extensively in Oregon during some below zero winters in Bend, where it was snowing and freezing. I didn't have any issues with them at all, not a single one. Even driving during snow storms going over the pass... and man was it coming down.

Reactions: mushdogs
I used mine extensively in Oregon during some below zero winters in Bend, where it was snowing and freezing. I didn't have any issues with them at all, not a single one. Even driving during snow storms going over the pass... and man was it coming down.
Thanks Chris, good to know.
I kind of figured it wouldn’t be an issue, but no hard data yet had me wondering.

Thanks Chris, good to know.
I kind of figured it wouldn’t be an issue, but no hard data yet had me wondering.

Contrary to popular belief, they do generate heat. Not as much as a halogen, but it must be enough to melt snow off, since I've never had an issue with it.

Reactions: mushdogs
I kept it simple and cheap when I replaced the stock sealed beams. Hella E code H-4 conversions. One hella improvement over the stock ones. And I'm not blinding every one else on the road.

+1 for Hella E Code H-4. @$70 + whatever H4 bulbs you like. They are plenty bright with standard 55/60w H4s with no modification to the stock wiring, and replacements are available just about anywhere with an auto section.

Plus they retain a traditional look. In my opinion, most LED headlights just don't look right on a TJ, kind of like an angry bird grille.

Reactions: E1320
Can you just set the halo to white all the time or do you have to set it to white everytime you turn them on? I don't want the color either as it would be an easy ticket here. As long as they are white, I am good to go. :D

I was almost going to get the truck lite knock offs, but then I read the reviews. The Euro light guards don't fit over them. I'll have to go read the reviews on the RGB ones. The people that left the review for the truck lites said they don't fit because they are more flat than round. @mxz800 , are yours more flat then stock headlights?
When I bother to run the Halo I have them set to white but it's a pain since the power is on all the time so each time I stop I need to open the app. I know I could tap into something that doesn't have power when the Jeep is not running but haven't bothered.

Now as far as the shape it looks somewhat flat compared to the stock lights. I'm guessing that the guards wouldn't fit.

Hella E-Code housings, Phillips Extreme Vision +100 +130 H4 bulbs.

^^^ This.I am not a fan of cheap Chinese LED headlights, "real" or knockoff.

Here is a link to the Hellas, complete with standard 60/55w H4 bulbs:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G72SKQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

71yGKFFQ7wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Here are the Phillips Xtreme Vision +130 bulbs (still 60/55w, just a bit whiter light):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NMEEOV2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

71fIHkagzML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

There are some who write that the Cibie housings are higher quality and worth the extra money, but thus far my Hella housings have served me well. I have one set of Hella E-Code housings that I have moved from jeep to jeep for almost 30 years.

Last edited:
OEM JK lights, which are a little brighter, but then you also have more choices for upgrading the bulbs.
And they were free.

I wonder how many people upgrade their headlights, when the problem is actually their eyes. If you're using your phone flashlight to read a restaurant menu, then maybe super bright LED headlights is not the answer.

I run Cibie E-code housings (or Hella, if Cibie is not available) with Phillips H4s and the ARB headlight harness. Tried the TruckLite LEDs and hated the blotchy light pattern. One good reason to stay with H4s is the ease of replacement when far afield. Every little podunk auto parts outfit will have H4s and regular 7" housings, which will get you back on the road. I do carry spare bulbs.