What's everyone running for aftermarket headlights?

Thanks for your question. Hope the responders to this thread will include pricing.

I went with knock off china lights. They are much brighter than stock. The down side is that the low beams have too wide of a pattern, their like a flood light. I get brights flashed at me from on coming traffic. They also were flickering randomly and would go out and come back on. I cut the electrical connecter off and just crimped on some blade wire connectors and that has fixed that problem. Overall I like them

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4MZCOV/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: TJ Starting
@TJ Rubicus I have those same lights. Just a heads up, they flicker pretty bad in our Canadian Jeeps with DRL. They are fine once you turn your headlights fully on. I have some JW Speaker pwm harnesses in the way which hopefully solve the problem.

I have JW Speakers, Had KC gravity pros before but like jw light pattern better. Kinda wish these were heated.

I have the Truck-lite 7" lights. 2-3/4 years later, still going strong. No flicker with DRL's. $249.95 Cdn ea (about $185.00 U.S.).

Last month, I made half a dozen 250-mile highway trips in the middle of the night and did I ever appreciate the investment.

I’m just running an upgraded harness and it is only 25 dollars. Uses the old headlight circuit as a trigger for relays connected directly to the battery. I would get it before you add aftermarket headlights because even if it doesn’t do what you want, the headlights you end up buying as a replacement will get full voltage and work that much better.

https://www.ksuspensionfab.com/store/p6/H4_Upgraded_Headlight_Harness.html

would love if the chinese started copying the new JL Mopar LED headlights. Would give us a clear option for those who dont like the smoked black look of fake trucklights or JWspeakers.

I've been running the same Cibie Z-beam housings since the late 80's. They were on my old FJ-40 up until 2004 when I got the TJ. I had the original TruckLites for a short time but didn't like hot and cold spots they threw out and they also iced over.

Reactions: billiebob
These may be the most popular ones on the forum: Truck-Lite (27270C) LED Headlights (Chinese Knockoff Version)

For a good read on how these things perform, check this thread out: Replaced Headlights w/Truck-Lite Knockoffs

I have these and like them.
I think people hear "LED knockoffs" and assume they are all the same. Those chinese ones that look like a grid of LEDs aren't anything like these. The ones that look like 2 or 3 dome shaped lenses aren't like these either. A lot of the chinese ones just flood light everywhere, but the trucklite knockoffs seem to have a much better cutoff & beam, even though not as good as the real deals.

For the price, the truck lite knockoffs are pretty darn good. They cut off good enough. They're bright. They're heavy and well made.