What's everyone's gas mileage?

19 mpg average. 2001, 4.0,410 gears,3 speed auto,35" bfg km3, throdle bodyspacer, k&n cold air intake,jet chip.
For real??? That sounds wrong...

87 performance tune, next trip I'm going to try the mpg one again, but I think it only affects the automatic.
I gained 1-2mpg from the tune. I wouldn't go out and drop $300 on it, but feel its worth the $100 I paid
06 sport, 6spd
31in tires at 30psi
Toe set correctly
No lift(for now)

Those 2 were 99% highway, I've been getting 14-15 normal around home type stuff
LuMnopa.jpg

Just did my first mpg calculation on the new to me 2002 Sport w/ 4.0L, 5-speed manual, 31" tires with stock 3.07 gearing. 14.4mpg around town, stop and go driving. I just replaced all of spark plugs and O2 sensors and the gas gauge does seem to be moving a little slower than before. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good mpg calc before the new plugs and sensors.

Reactions: Millie2K
On all highway driving in my 97 Sahara 4.0L, 3 spd Auto, 31" duratracs, 3.07 gears, 2in BDS lift, I got 15.4 mpg. Around town I get 14ish depending on the day.

Just did my first mpg calculation on the new to me 2002 Sport w/ 4.0L, 5-speed manual, 31" tires with stock 3.07 gearing. 14.4mpg around town, stop and go driving. I just replaced all of spark plugs and O2 sensors and the gas gauge does seem to be moving a little slower than before. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good mpg calc before the new plugs and sensors.

Roughly the same here, 2000/4.0L/3.07/5sp manual/32" tires and I've been getting 13-14ish mpg around town since Jan with a new to me Jeep. I did notice an increase of 1 mpg with a plug change recently and am consistently above 14 mpg. I don't really care about the actually number, but use the info to determine if any problems creep up.

Reactions: ds53652
I get an average of 15.8 mpg for city and highway, it increases to 17 when driving from Seattle to Eugene Oregon. Keep in mind I have a turbo and therefore I have to use premium fuel. While the turbo does not increase my mpg, it also doesn’t decrease it. What it does do is give me a 100+ more hp and 130+ more pounds of torque. I am running 33” BFG’s and 3.73 gears.

At the very best my jeep gets 18 mpg on long hwy trips, and if it's not blazing hot out out I can get 14-16 city mpg. At worst i get 10 if I floor it in stop and go traffic, but I barely touch the skinny pedal so even In the hottest parts of the year i get like 12 or 13mpg. I think this is pretty good for a 2.5l on 35s and weighting in at 4000lbs.

500 mile trip from Dayton to Cleveland and back yesterday...a whopping 12.34 mpg. 😒 My daughter is lucky I love her that much.

According to my college educated math i've gotten 18 before on stock gears and 31" tires. BUT. The few times I did calculate that, it hasn't happened again and I go back to anywhere from 14 - 16 mpg. When i'm in daily driver mode, I don't romp on the gas, shift all stupid or try and drive like a bat outta hell (as much as you can in a Jeep). I've joked that getting anything over 16 mpg you need to calculate wind direction during that tank of gas and that's the variable.

2003 with 33s, 4.0, winch with synthetic rope, 5 speed manual...average of 14 - 15 mph.
Wind in my favor most of the time, downhill most of the time, spare tire off, back seat off, I go to the gym and lose 20 lbs...14.1 - 15.1 mpg 😎

This thread makes me giggle.

No one responding in the last few days bothered to check the OP’s original posting date. 😆

So Mfg States 15-18 MPG on a I6. Tank Capacity is 19 gallons. That's an average of 304 miles on a full tank. The most I am getting on a full tank is just over 200 miles. What is everyone else getting?
MY the Jeep is a 2005 LJ Rubicon 6sp manual. Depends on how I drive it, where I drive it, and where I fill up. Different pumps pump have different flow levels and shut off at different tank levels. I fill at different locations so there is some variation to the fill levels based on pumps. I do not add after the pump automatically shuts off. Also, I have 33 tires, 4 inch lift, and run my PSI at 25. Mileage is calculated by odometer reading (zeroed after each fill) x 1.065 to adjust for the 33s divided by gallons. The mileage averages about 15.3 based on the last 8 fills which included a one time high of 18 and low of 13.

My job went from a 26mi commute one way to 40mi commute one way so i've been putting a lot of highway miles on my Jeep. Last two tankfuls of gas I thought i'd run my numbers again and see where i'm at. Not bad for a broken in 229,000mi workhorse! My highway speed averages 70-75mph in 5th @ 1800-2000rpm.
View attachment 137477
Can you fill out your profile?

My job went from a 26mi commute one way to 40mi commute one way so i've been putting a lot of highway miles on my Jeep. Last two tankfuls of gas I thought i'd run my numbers again and see where i'm at. Not bad for a broken in 229,000mi workhorse! My highway speed averages 70-75mph in 5th @ 1800-2000rpm.
1580387384175.png