What's my YJ worth?

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
I am thinking of selling my 95 YJ and wondering what would be a good pice to list it for. I seam to see prices all over the board from $6,500 - $10,000

So the good Pictures may not show all of the current mods, such as this pic shows a steel cable w/roller but is now has Syn. Rope

Just had all of the fluids changed, Trans, TC, Diffs and Radiator flushed. All new hoses and belts.
2-1/2" Rubicon Express Lift
1" BL
U-Bolt Flip Kit
15 x 8 wheels w/ 33's
Dana 44 Rear
Re-Geared to 4:88
ARB's front and rear
ARB Compressor
Full doors + 1/2 doors
Tuffy consule
Tuffy Under Seat Box
CB Radio
KC Long Range Lights Windshield mounted
KC Driving Lights Bumper mounted
Warn M8000 w/ Syn Rope and TRE Safety Thimble
Warn Front Bumber
Warn Rock Sliders
Smittybuilt Rear Bumper
Kilby HD Gas Tank Skid
TJ Flares
Hand Throttle

The Bad
4 Cylinder
130,000 miles
Missing Glove Box Door
Tires have lots of tread but are 8+ years old so they should be replaced

What are your thoughts

IMG_2351.jpg

Last edited:
I look at a lot of them on FB here in WA and OR. Yours looks way cleaner than most. Like you said, prices are in the range you listed. I’m surprised lately that the prices have risen so much since April. This is definitely a sellers market. The 4-cylinder is the one point that always causes me to think, “they want that much for a 4-cylinder?” GLWS.

Last edited:
Looks and sounds like a nice rig!

Truth that the 4 cylinder is not a good thing. But 33's with 4.88's is good, but geared too low.

If I were you, I'd ask 15K and settle for want you will be happy selling it for.

That thing looks nice! When I sell my Jeeps I always know what my bottom dollar is. Cali prices seem much higher than here in Va. When I sold my Rubicon 3 years ago, I listed it for $13,500 firm. I would have taken $13,000 cash (NO LESS) because I needed to pay bills. I had tons of people wanting it for $13,500.

Reactions: OldButStillJeeping
Someone who knows little about Jeeps but wants one may not think twice about the 4cyl. The year would probably scare them more than the engine size.

Just list it for more than what you'd expect to get and work your way down from there. Shoot for the stars and be patient, because it is a sellers market. I'd say "13k but negotiable".

Looks and sounds like a nice rig!

Truth that the 4 cylinder is not a good thing. But 33's with 4.88's is good, but geared too low.

If I were you, I'd ask 15K and settle for want you will be happy selling it for.
Someone who knows little about Jeeps but wants one may not think twice about the 4cyl. The year would probably scare them more than the engine size.

Just list it for more than what you'd expect to get and work your way down from there. Shoot for the stars and be patient, because it is a sellers market. I'd say "13k but negotiable".
Wow you guys are at $13,000 - $15,000 I hope your right. I forgot to add to the Good list is has spent all of its life in CA so No Rust

I was thinking I would be happy with $8,000. I guess I should ask a lot more and see where I settle at.

Wow you guys are at $13,000 - $15,000 I hope your right. I forgot to add to the Good list is has spent all of its life in CA so No Rust

I was thinking I would be happy with $8,000. I guess I should ask a lot more and see where I settle at.
I think living in the NE and knowing how rare a clean, older Jeep (even newer ones) come up for sale are, my mentality is of its too good to be true, it probably is. And the really clean one's fetch (or ask) higher dollar. End of the day, its worth what someone is willing to pay. But now's a good time to ask more than usual - so at least it seems.

Bottom line, if you're not in a rush to sell it. Go high. If you don't mind the dilly dally of low ballers and responding to them.
If you can, advertise on RV forums, it'll make a great toad behind an RV for 1/4th the cost of a new 2 door JL.
You know that if you say 15, you'll get offers for 12.
If you say 10, you'll get offers for 8 or 9.
It's a crazy used vehicle environment right now.

If it wasn't, like 2 years ago, you'd probably get about 5 for it. With all due respect.

Now is the time to sell.