Whats on your keychain?

IMG_5541.JPG

What else could I need? Like the smartkey setup.

16jkf1e.jpg

House key, Tube Door key, AcuDose Rx key, Padlock key, Locking S-Biner (I use that for locking my wedding ring onto when I have to remove it), and the TJ Rock Key! All on the Exotac FreeKey system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Robbins
My key chain is simple. Carabiner w/4 keys. Jeep ignition, Jeep doors, Jeep gas door, and house. I may one day drop the keyed gas cap cover for a plain one but I like having the cover to protect the cap.
While we're on the subject.. my Jeep came without the immobilizer but with separate door and ignition keys. Is this normal? Just curious b/c I noticed that that all previous posters only had 1 jeep key each.
Not normal one of them has been switched at some point. Probably the doors. It's easy to code the locks yourself just need to buy a kit.

Not normal one of them has been switched at some point. Probably the doors. It's easy to code the locks yourself just need to buy a kit.
Interesting. All of my VIN labels match so I know the doors haven't been replaced. I like it in the winter so I can start and lock it while it warms or defrosts.

Interesting. All of my VIN labels match so I know the doors haven't been replaced. I like it in the winter so I can start and lock it while it warms or defrosts.
changing a vin label is easier than re-coding the lock. even as a matter of convenience you could simply get a duplicate key without a transponder so it only opens your doors but cant start the engine but the key with the transponder will do everything. either way one of locks has been switched its not a normal or standard thing.

I keep my house and Office keys on a seperate ring, so just the essentials. The Bullet is from a Friends of the NRA banquet I attended a few years ago. Fitting for a jeep key, plus my 1911 is my favorite handgun, hands down. Bottle opener, because, well, its necessary!
20170407_072428.jpg

Reactions: JeepNWilly
Jeep, Minivan, the clip that I usually have my corolla keys hanging from, house key, office key and the tag I hang out of my pocket for easy grabbing.

tr53Wes.jpg

tr53Wes.jpg

Like Michael I recently made dups without the plastic to shrink my keychain profile. Used to keep the carabiner to hook on my belt loop, now only keep it to separate my ignition key from my door key.
View attachment 15329

I do the same thing. Makes switching keys easy between ignition keys, home keys, and work keys.