What's the best aftermarket air Intake?

Mine was a SE model with the 4 cyl and I was planning on towing a trailer so I needed more power. But I have gone thru a lot of ups and downs with my Jeep since I did the engine swap. I in the middle of rebuilding my whole Jeep again right now.
I don't even want to think how much I've spent on my Jeep since I started this whole thing.

There is a link to my build thread in my signature at the bottom of each of my posts.
What did you use for an air intake for the V8?
Right now I'm rebuilding the 5.3 and plan to do the conversion late spring/early summer. Doing much of the planning now.

What did you use for an air intake for the V8?
Right now I'm rebuilding the 5.3 and plan to do the conversion late spring/early summer. Doing much of the planning now.

I had a couple of different intakes that I tried. This was my most recent air intake.

IMGP0218.jpg

This was my first intake.

IMG00872.jpg

But now I have a 6 pack so it'll be interesting to see what I can figure out.

I had a couple of different intakes that I tried. This was my most recent air intake.

View attachment 217740

This was my first intake.

View attachment 217741

But now I have a 6 pack so it'll be interesting to see what I can figure out.
Have you ever thought about installing a pre-filter or two over the top of those open air filters? Mine was passing so much crud and dirt I ended up having to place a foam prefilter on as the first layer and a K&N "Precharger" prefilter on the outside to reduce the crud collecting inside the air intake.
K&N1.JPG
K&N2.JPG

Have you ever thought about installing a pre-filter or two over the top of those open air filters? Mine was passing so much crud and dirt I ended up having to place a foam prefilter on as the first layer and a K&N "Precharger" prefilter on the outside to reduce the crud collecting inside the air intake.
View attachment 217742View attachment 217743

Yes I had some PreFilters for them but the mice had ate thru them so I had to throw them away. Of all the different filters I tried I found I liked the AEM dry washable filters. They seems to allow the least amount of dirt into the intake and breathed good too. And yes I agree a prefilter of some sort helps a LOT. I first used them on my quads I had.

The 6pack intake I have has a K&N filter in it right now so I've got to get a paper filter for it.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford