What's the deal with the Golden Eagle TJs?

dlm1450

My check-engine light is on.
Lifetime Supporting Member
What's the history on the golden eagle tj? Limited run? Dealer or factory?

What's the history on the golden eagle tj? Limited run? Dealer or factory?

It's a factory cosmetic package, nothing special other than the Dana 44 rear, which really isn't special to begin with (considering it came on many, many TJs).

Golden Eagle (2006 only)
  • 4.0L I-6 engine
  • Dana 44 rear axle
  • Golden Eagle hood, fender, and spare tire decals/logos
  • Painted instrument panel accents
  • Two-tone premium seats with Golden Eagle logos
  • 30" tires with 15" gold finished Ravine wheels

Cool. Thanks Chris. I love this special edition stuff, even if its just for show.

Reactions: Chris
Just an appearance package and a 44 rear. I picked one up only because it had low milage when I was in Hawaii.
E6D1453D-26B5-4101-AE8F-15361CD37694.jpeg

I've now taken anything, “Golden Eagle,” off of it.

Just an appearance package and a 44 rear. I picked one up only because it had low milage when I was in Hawaii.
View attachment 148583
I've now taken anything, “Golden Eagle,” off of it.
Omg, I bet you dollars to donuts that is the exact same tj I took for a test drive back in 2006 when I was stationed at Schofield. Dealer kept yanking me around, kept trying to force a decision based on monthly payments after I told him I was only considering final sales cost. I walked. Ended up getting an xj. The only reason I say this is because of the limited inventory on the island. Probably only white golden eagle in the state, or one of very few.

Omg, I bet you dollars to donuts that is the exact same tj I took for a test drive back in 2006 when I was stationed at Schofield. Dealer kept yanking me around, kept trying to force a decision based on monthly payments after I told him I was only considering final sales cost. I walked. Ended up getting an xj. The only reason I say this is because of the limited inventory on the island. Probably only white golden eagle in the state, or one of very few.
Maybe, what dealer? Cutter? I purchased this from a private seller who was the son of the original owner.

Just a marketing ploy on a 1970s special edition.... but it is not a Golden Eagle without the decal

4WAAM-CJ7-Golden-Eagle-eBay.jpg

They were a marketing ploy on Burt Reynolds 1970s Trams Am.

SMOKEY-AND-THE-BANDIT.jpg

which... if you look at Pontiac TA sales was a huge marketing success.

altho the first thing I did with my '75 was peel off the eagle.

Reactions: TJRick and Chris