What's This Leak?

cp4ige

This is the first time I’ve worked on a Jeep. I just recently did an oil change from synthetic to dino oil. I happened to notice this small stream coming from directly above, I guess where the oil pan meets the transmission??

I wiped it off several times today—for now it seems to have stopped… is this where a seal is that has failed? I guess it starts happening after a drive when the fluids are in motion.

I tried to get decent pics of it. The first depicts the small stream/leak I see. The second is where I had wiped the trail off, but it seems to come from that circular part directly above the middle bolt.

Help a girl out.

8A2B48D1-F673-4C15-A3CD-C7003FFE2DFD.jpeg

9B733355-D96C-435E-B56A-10BD9682BDD4.jpeg

Most likely a rear main seal leak,
But make sure it isn’t coming from the valve cover up toward the fire wall. Easier to fix that than a RMS…from what I hear

Reactions: Flivver250
The RMS is easy enough to replace but it is often an exercise in futility. If the leak isn't bad, live with it. There are usually other maintenance items more worthy and pressing to perform. Some here suggest the Dino Mobil high mileage oil has good results. I replaced my RMS twice. The second time it was still dry a year later. That was lucky.