• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

What's up with MORryde TJ HD tailgate hinges?

Stockli

TJ Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2016
Fort Collins,CO
No one has these hinges in stock and I need a set bad.

Anyone seen them anywhere I can order them?

Everyone has the JK but no TJ.

I hope they are still being made!

I ordered a set in December but the vender cancelled my order on me.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Probably on backorder. When I ordered my MORryde tire carrier, it took 6 weeks roughly for them to get it to me.

Seems like the regularly under produce so that they don't have to sit on a ton of inventory.

OP
S

Stockli

TJ Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2016
Fort Collins,CO
Chris, where did you order them from?

I can’t order from Retrofit, the site won’t let me. Also gr8 tops wants like $28 to ship. Redic!

jchadscud

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Nov 27, 2017
Dallas, TX
$28 isn’t too bad for shipping depending on how far they are going. Those hinges are beefy and heavy. You may try giving them a call and seeing if they have a cheaper rate.

tcgobucks

Dec 29, 2018
NW Ohio
I am the sales manager at an RV dealership. We buy parts from a company that is also a huge automotive parts distributor with an extremely large Jeep parts offering. I just checked with them, they are out of stock there too. If you can't find any, I can call my rep and find out of there is some kind of issue or reason why nobody has them.

OP
S

Stockli

TJ Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2016
Fort Collins,CO
Tcgo,

I cant find them anyplace. Not even ebay.

This would be awesome I appreciate the offer and I'll take you up on it if it's not too much trouble!

Thank you

tcgobucks

Dec 29, 2018
NW Ohio
Tcgo,

I cant find them anyplace. Not even ebay.

This would be awesome I appreciate the offer and I'll take you up on it if it's not too much trouble!

Thank you
Just talked to my parts rep. He does my RV parts....not Jeep parts, but he's going to reach out to one of their Jeep guys and see if he can find out if/when they are expecting them. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back

Last edited:

psrivats

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2018
OR, USA
No one has these hinges in stock and I need a set bad.

Anyone seen them anywhere I can order them?

Everyone has the JK but no TJ.

I hope they are still being made!

I ordered a set in December but the vender cancelled my order on me.
I bought mine from Retrofit offroad. Give them a call ...

psrivats

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2018
OR, USA
Out of stock there too
Dang! You are right. I think I paid 140 or so shipped if I remember right. Hope you can buy them somewhere soon. The hinges are SUPER beefy and plenty good if you are running 32/33s. You'll likely need to full kit for 35s.

OP
S

Stockli

TJ Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2016
Fort Collins,CO
Tcgo,

Thanks a ton! As l9ng as they are not going the way of the dinosaur I can hold off. I will give them and retro a call on Monday to see if I can order/backorder.

Boinked

TJ Addict
Jul 7, 2018
Mesa,az
Question for you that have them. What size hardware do they use.
Picked up a used (less then a month old) hinges from a friend that went with the ORfab carrier. But i have no bolts.