What's up with Savvy Off Road?

Asked them a question about one of their rear bumpers in an email about a month ago, and the email bounced back said the inbox was full. Then asked the same question on FB and notified them about their inbox being full, and got no response there, either.

However, bought a couple parts from them 2-3 months ago and they shipped em fast.

Interestingly, it does say free shipping on the website, However, when I tried to pay, a $62.11 shipping charge was added. I'm tagging @Garza to see what's going on here!
Hmm... sorry to post up false info. I haven't ordered from them before and doesn't look like I will in the future. Since the description stated free shipping I just assumed it would be right.

Reactions: Irun
Hmm... sorry to post up false info. I haven't ordered from them before and doesn't look like I will in the future. Since the description stated free shipping I just assumed it would be right.
No worries. It's on their end. If they post free shipping, they should honor it!

You guys do understand how much it costs to ship something that size and weight...right?

When I ordered three items from Savvy and checked the weight with what Savvy charged me I found they charged me THREE TIMES the actual shipping cost as Fedex charged.

You guys do understand how much it costs to ship something that size and weight...right?

Yep, that's why I wish people would stop bitching about shipping costs.

Shipping is FUCKING EXPENSIVE, especially for things of this size.

I don't know if anyone has actually bothered to look at the cost of shipping and how much it has gone up since COVID-19, but it's almost doubled in many cases.

I get negotiated rates with UPS (usually 40% less than what regular people would pay), and to ship some soft doors was going to cost me over $200.

Shipping is NOT cheap and it's gone up more than I think anyone actually understands.

Now that my rant is out of the way, sometimes Savvy's shipping cost screws things up. For instance, I ordered a body lift and a t-shirt and they charged me $75 for shipping from California to Arizona. I brought this up in an email to them and they promptly refunded me the difference.

But when I see something like $120 to ship some sliders (which is about what I paid), that's actually normal given how much shipping costs now and how big (and heavy) of a package it is.

Reactions: jjvw
I agree shipping can be expensive, I just have a hard time spending $30 on shipping for just the body lift from Savvy. That’s 21% of the BL cost 😑.

But I’m still going to do it. Waiting for a discount code to work again.

I agree shipping can be expensive, I just have a hard time spending $30 on shipping for just the body lift from Savvy. That’s 21% of the BL cost 😑.

But I’m still going to do it. Waiting for a discount code to work again.

FWIW, I sold a Savvy body lift a while back and the cost of shipping via UPS was indeed right around $30. It sucks, but the cost of things had gone up considerably.

Reactions: TWiG01
Well I ended up ordering front upper control arms to help dial in the pinion angle. My lower arms showed up this evening....

I emailed savvy immediately to let them know. I’m hoping they will overnight ship me the control arms because I have an appointment next Monday at a local off-road shop to have them installed.

FBADF8C7-8083-49DD-88E7-44D113B72599.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Well I ended up ordering front upper control arms to help dial in the pinion angle. My lower arms showed up this evening....

I emailed savvy immediately to let them know. I’m hoping they will overnight ship me the control arms because I have an appointment next Monday at a local off-road shop to have them installed.

View attachment 223360
Not going to happen, I would bet on that. KOH is happening.

Reactions: Ocho
Savvy sure knows how to piss off customers if that’s the case. May not be soon but one day it’s going to come back and bite them in the ass.

its pretty sad that they have such an issue delivering

I know more about Savvy and the way they run things than I would ever publicly share. However, it’s one of those things where you either have to be willing to wait it out, otherwise you have to pick another option.

It’s unfortunate but true.

In all fairness though, KOH shuts almost everyone in the off-road industry down for a week or so.

I know more about Savvy and the way they run things than I would ever publicly share. However, it’s one of those things where you either have to be willing to wait it out, otherwise you have to pick another option.

It’s unfortunate but true.
in the grand scheme of things, they are a pretty "niche" and unique product provider with a small operation pumping out high quality products.. "good things take time" comes to mind.

i don't think it's unfortunate.. but then again i understand the constraints they work within having worked for a manufacturer in a different industry that had a small operation with a high quality product.

that being said, it's no secret that they take part in KOH every year.. if one has done enough research to know they want their products, they should also expect delays around the event.

Reactions: Chris