What's worse, the diamond plate or the angry bird grille?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect example of how a Jeep can look classy and crappy at the same time. I still vote for the AB grille as the deal breaker. But that angry bird looks like it has shoulders and a hat made out of diamond plate. Yuck. How to ruin a TJ without really trying.

Reactions: Chris and Kiwi TJ
That grill has to be the worst....The diamond plate on the front like that I have never liked though.

Spotted this today it seems like the 'Ugly grill' epidemic has spread to kids toys.... There is no hope for us now.
1545090017419.png

Reactions: Chris
hate, hate, hate those grills. Diamond plate in some spots looks cool, but not there! What was that person thinking?!?

I hate diamond plate... absolutely hate it. There's only a few places it ever belongs, and one of them is the trash can.

I'm with you! Hate diamond plate unless you HAVE to use it to cover up rust. But even then...

Angry bird grill looks like something a 14 year old bought at a swap meet and slapped it on his Jeep. Cause it reminded him of a cartoon character.

Reactions: Chris and Squatch
Diamond plate is worse, in my opinion. Removing it will, at the very least, leave you with the mounting holes to contend with. At worst, it will reveal hidden damage, be it in the form of dents, or of rust that was there before the diamond plate was installed, or as a result of the dp panels holding in moisture against the sheet metal. And to leave them on just degrades the overall appearance of the rig, in my opinion.

Angry bird grills are easily removed once you realize how moronic they look, and also easily placed under the tires for destruction of said offending grill. Removal of angry bird grill: No harm, no "fowl"......;)

I'm not sure how you could have the confidence to bid $9050 on a Jeep with little to no description on it without seeing it in person. Crazy!

OH and my vote goes towards the angry bird as worse. Take off the angry bird grill and the Jeep wouldnt look that bad, but remove the diamond plate only and it still has a doofus looking angry bird grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.