What's wrong with kids these days?

There’s been no change

“Learned it by watching you”
1595951398249.gif

They learned it from their parents who grew up under Dr. Spock's advice (Benjamin not the Star Trek guy). It's morphed to even worse parental advice.

Had that video surfaced and it was me as a kid doing that, my dad would have pounded me, then drug me down to apologize, then made me help clean up, then made me pay for the damages and/or repair it myself, then when I was done he'd think up a punishment.

These kids were raised by these parents.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/fight-breaks-out-at-airport-after-flight-canceled-over-drunk-woman

You can almost always tell someone is or will be a good parent if they have a well behaved dog.

Last edited:
They learned it from their parents who grew up under Dr. Spock (Benjamin not the Star Trek guy).

Had that video surfaced and it was me as a kid doing that, my dad would have pounded me, then drug me down to apologize, then made me help clean up, then made me pay for the damages and repair it myself, then when I was done he'd think up a punishment.

These kids were raised by these parents.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/fight-breaks-out-at-airport-after-flight-canceled-over-drunk-woman
All my mom had to do was say “you want me to tell your dad?” The fear of him kept me out of trouble and eventually it turned from fear to respect as I got older. I respected my parents so much I couldn’t do anything that would look poorly on them.

I would understand if it was 2 or 3 kids behaving like this, but 300? Just wow...

My parents never really hit us. They didn't need to because we were squared away by around 5 years old. We also were given a lot of responsibility when we were young. But that's typical farm kid stuff. Hey you can reach the pedals, sort of, hop in the truck and bring it over here. I hit the fields with the tractor by myself at 10 and was driving grain to town at 12. The more you acted like an adult, the cooler stuff you got to do. Otherwise you got the baby kid chores. When we bailed hay, my little brother had to push the clutch on the tractor by holding on to the steering wheel with both hands while he was standing up. He was too small to reach the pedals from the seat.

I really wouldn't have to worry about being somewhere that had mini-golf. If we were bored, we grabbed our guns and went shooting. I got my first Red Ryder BB gun at 6 or 7 and first real gun by 9.

We gave our kids a lot of responsibility and made sure they saved up, bought, and took care of their stuff so it meant something to them. If you give them everything and replace things they destroy, there's no value to anything. This sort of thing isn't much different than random acts of vandalism. People with no respect for others or their property, because they don't respect themselves.

We were ever hit or spanked, and none of us kids ever did anything like this or even remotely close. The most trouble I ever got in was speeding tickets and accidentally shooting out a window with my BB gun.

My dad was hardly there at all when we were growing up (always traveling), maybe 4-5 days a month.

My parents were never really strict or anything like that either.

So what’s my excuse? I think a lot of this is honestly moral compass.

My moral compass only goes away when it involves insurance companies 🤣

Reactions: KevinC74
My parents never really hit us. They didn't need to because we were squared away by around 5 years old. We also were given a lot of responsibility when we were young. But that's typical farm kid stuff. Hey you can reach the pedals, sort of, hop in the truck and bring it over here. I hit the fields with the tractor by myself at 10 and was driving grain to town at 12. The more you acted like an adult, the cooler stuff you got to do. Otherwise you got the baby kid chores. When we bailed hay, my little brother had to push the clutch on the tractor by holding on to the steering wheel with both hands while he was standing up. He was too small to reach the pedals from the seat.

I really wouldn't have to worry about being somewhere that had mini-golf. If we were bored, we grabbed our guns and went shooting. I got my first Red Ryder BB gun at 6 or 7 and first real gun by 9.

We gave our kids a lot of responsibility and made sure they saved up, bought, and took care of their stuff so it meant something to them. If you give them everything and replace things they destroy, there's no value to anything. This sort of thing isn't much different than random acts of vandalism. People with no respect for others or their property, because they don't respect themselves.
I drove a tractor by myself alone on the highway for the first time when I was 9. We were raised differently. Can’t hardly let a 9 year old go around the block on his bicycle now.

I sound like an old man but I'm only 50...ish. So I guess I'm an ancient "okay boomer" by today's standards.

There is a difference between old get off my lawn men though. Kids should at least learn that lesson.

There's this guy;

get-off-lawn-fighting-prove-ageism-exists.jpg

and this guy

clint-eastwood-get-off-my-lawn-e1450182108707.jpg

There are too many kids that don't realize the second guy is out there.

Last edited: