What's wrong with kids these days?

Nah, that’s just an excuse. The parents are the problem.

Most kids today spend more time with teachers and other kids than they do with their parents. Our society just about dictates dual earner households and then you get to the 58% of kids in single parent households for at least 5 years of their lives. Parents are part of the problem but we've basically turned over the parenting of our kids to the "system". Large parts of the "system" are interested in things than have little to do with the children unfortunately.

Most kids today spend more time with teachers and other kids than they do with their parents. Our society just about dictates dual earner households and then you get to the 58% of kids in single parent households for at least 5 years of their lives. Parents are part of the problem but we've basically turned over the parenting of our kids to the "system". Large parts of the "system" are interested in things than have little to do with the children unfortunately.
It’s true for many. When we actually had school I’d go have lunch with my daughter every other week or so. All her teachers know me and will call me if anything needs handled. I will do the parenting, they can stick to the teaching.

In other countries, they never entrust their kids to the teachers.
Cops sends the Juvenile delinquents straight to their parents (talk to the dad then hand-over) instead of jail.
Most 3rd world countries, their jails are empty - the immediate family is 100% responsible of feeding their kids in jail.

Last edited:
2020 family values
1596208390533.jpeg

Sad but true. I feel like parents nowadays cant handle a child so they give them a phone or an ipad to keep them quiet and entertained. Parents ask their kids if they will do something and not tell them. My niece and nephew growing up always had either a phone or an ipad in their hand while the parents were doing their own thing. Now, if you take that item away from their kid, he/she will scream bloody murder until they get it back. I am a firm believer in discipline and if they were my kids they sure wouldnt be glued to one of those devices, and I wont tolerate screaming.