What's wrong with kids these days?

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
Parenting at its best.
98B6E19A-DCA5-43EC-834B-DB2AC5AC8A6D.png
4B6E6CF3-6C1C-44C5-94E0-A24CAD19EB95.png

My parents never really hit us. They didn't need to because we were squared away by around 5 years old. We also were given a lot of responsibility when we were young. But that's typical farm kid stuff. Hey you can reach the pedals, sort of, hop in the truck and bring it over here. I hit the fields with the tractor by myself at 10 and was driving grain to town at 12. The more you acted like an adult, the cooler stuff you got to do. Otherwise you got the baby kid chores. When we bailed hay, my little brother had to push the clutch on the tractor by holding on to the steering wheel with both hands while he was standing up. He was too small to reach the pedals from the seat.

I really wouldn't have to worry about being somewhere that had mini-golf. If we were bored, we grabbed our guns and went shooting. I got my first Red Ryder BB gun at 6 or 7 and first real gun by 9.

We gave our kids a lot of responsibility and made sure they saved up, bought, and took care of their stuff so it meant something to them. If you give them everything and replace things they destroy, there's no value to anything. This sort of thing isn't much different than random acts of vandalism. People with no respect for others or their property, because they don't respect themselves.
I was taking hay by myself when I was 6, also drove the truck so the men could load the square bales. I could wait till I got to stack hay on the truck cause it was man's work!! I was 9 then.

Don’t mind the 16 year old sitting over here in the corner......

Though I do agree, I’ve seen people do some crazy stuff, both kids and adults.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I watch as these kids today and wonder what’s the difference between each generation to the next.. some say parents, some say watch what that Luke dipshit on YouTube does, etc... I think it has to do somewhat with responsibility... that’s kinda hard to sum up in a post but it starts with have “responsibilities” at home, or having a job, or make your kid be responsible for his or her decisions in life and then letting them deal with consequences after.. most parents buy them whatever they want, throw them the dam phone at 4-5 years old to shut them up at a restaurant or at home, they get a trophy for being last, more or less have no concept of being responsible for anything and mom and dad don’t want to tell them no!.. how can you expect a child to grow up confident and reliant on themselves when they never have gotten an opportunity?

I watch as these kids today and wonder what’s the difference between each generation to the next.. some say parents, some say watch what that Luke dipshit on YouTube does, etc... I think it has to do somewhat with responsibility... that’s kinda hard to sum up in a post but it starts with have “responsibilities” at home, or having a job, or make your kid be responsible for his or her decisions in life and then letting them deal with consequences after.. most parents buy them whatever they want, throw them the dam phone at 4-5 years old to shut them up at a restaurant or at home, they get a trophy for being last, more or less have no concept of being responsible for anything and mom and dad don’t want to tell them no!.. how can you expect a child to grow up confident and reliant on themselves when they never have gotten an opportunity?
Dude. That's just so old fashioned. Get with the times. How are you ever gonna get any "likes" in this life with an attitude like that? ;) :sneaky:

Don’t mind the 16 year old sitting over here in the corner......

Though I do agree, I’ve seen people do some crazy stuff, both kids and adults.

Don't worry, you're likely already better than the 30-60 year olds in my extended family.

Let's just say, the old family tree needs some pruning.

Except for that helmet! We didn't need no stinkin' helmets! :ROFLMAO:
I thought the same thing and I got the ambulance ride to prove it.

It was great though, I woke up with several cute nurses taking my pants off. Then I realized it wasn’t going to go the way I wanted it to.:(