Whats your favorite lift?

I just pulled off 2 year old Rough Country arms and gave them away. Installed 8 Savvy arms and Currie springs with a set of Bilstein shocks. More flex, no bind, not cheap but it works.

I just pulled off 2 year old Rough Country arms and gave them away. Installed 8 Savvy arms and Currie springs will a set of Bilstein shocks. More flex, no bind, not cheap but it works.

Clearly you're building a mall crawler ;)

Clearly you're building a mall crawler ;)

You know it. If shorties are good enough for JV, they are good enough for the local mall. My Jeeps getting more trail miles than road miles these days. The only ride on the trailer so far is when I broke a front stub and didnt have a spare. Out of the 200 or so Jeep at SMORR this weekend, I bet 80% where short or mid arm. The other 20% where rock buggies or non-street driven rigs.

You know it. If shorties are good enough for JV, they are good enough for the local mall. My Jeeps getting more trail miles than road miles these days. The only ride on the trailer so far is when I broke a front stub and didnt have a spare. Out of the 200 or so Jeep at SMORR this weekend, I bet 80% where short or mid arm. The other 20% where rock buggies or non-street driven rigs.

I think that unless you're wheeling really hard and really pushing it, short arms are more than adequate for 9 out of 10 of us.

Obviously you can get a mid-arm, custom setup, etc., but I truly believe most don't even wheel hard enough to actually need anything other than good short arms.

Reactions: AMS417
I think that unless you're wheeling really hard and really pushing it, short arms are more than adequate for 99 out of 100 of us.

Obviously you can get a mid-arm, custom setup, etc., but I truly believe most don't even wheel hard enough to actually need anything other than good short arms.
More betterer.

Now that @mrblaine is here, we can talk about how important spring rates are to the lift too. That should liven things up a little. o_O Sorry MrBlaine, I couldn't resist. Lets not go down that road today. I respect your experience on the subject. I just don't understand how your experience doesn't mesh with my understanding. But my experience is far less than yours, so I'll leave it at that. Thank you for your time in the past threads.

For the OP, please tell us a little more about what you want to do with your Jeep. Why a 3.5" lift. How big of tires, where do you wheel etc. Have you considered a smaller lift with a body lift? Just going by brand name, the more universally respected lifts are Savvy, Currie and OME. Some also really like Metal Cloak. JKS is starting to gain some attention lately as well. But different people will have different needs.

1597275692072.png

I just realized who I think Brad Cooley might be. @mrblaine might remember him.

Hint: He's an engineer from Bend, Oregon who used to regularly get into it with Blaine. ;)

I could be wrong, but my sleuthing is usually pretty accurate.

Reactions: Vasq and AMS417
I just realized who I think Brad Cooley might be. @mrblaine might remember him.

Hint: He's an engineer from Bend, Oregon who used to regularly get into it with Blaine. ;)

I could be wrong, but my sleuthing is usually pretty accurate.
I know who you are talking about. He is the one that asked to be removed instead of just walking away like grown folks do.