Whatta y'all do for a living?

I was the program services director at an ICFMR for about 10 months before I got my current job. I loved the people, but I came from community based service provision and struggled with the institutional model of care. I’m back in community services where I belong.
That would be tough.

A Pinto Wagon!!! Awesome. I owned 3 Pintos. A 79 beater that I loved. I got into an accident with it in 92. My fault. Rear ended a line of stopped traffic. It was a blind curve lined by bushes...a freeway on ramp. Damage to 5 cars in front of me. First two ended up totaled. I had liability only insurance. I fixed that Pinto myself with $120 in junkyard parts and $75 to a guy that pulled the frame straight.
My second Pinto was a 71 I bought in 1996 with 31k miles. It was that ugly yellow they had back then. It had the 2.0 engine. I put a cam in it but otherwise it was all original. I sold it in 2000 for 4x what I paid for it.
Third Pinto was my stock car. Have you ever heard of the mini stock class at your local oval asphalt track? I bought, built (with help) and raced that Pinto for 3 years from 92-95. #83. Won a good share of races. Nearly won the track championship for that class in 94. But crashed out both final weeks and finished 3rd in points. The guy that won the championship that year was racing a Pinto wagon.
I don’t care what anyone says. Pintos are cool!! Simple, good looking and are very modable.

My first car was a 71 Pinto Runabout. Had a 2.0L and a 4 speed.
100_0321.JPG

Reactions: mde8965 and Squatch
Just figure up 450/month for the next day 10 yrs with no payment and it’s insane all the extra cash you will have. I’ll prolly never spend over 20k on a vehicle going forward.
I pay more than that for health insurance! Well I don't currently, but I would if I quit my job (retire)

I took a Pinto engine out of a Pinto in a wrecking yard and put it in my 1944 Jeep......does that count?
Why not! :) Many, many years ago, I read a magazine article about a guy who put a Model T flathead 4 in his '71 Pinto. Said he considered the Pinto to be the "modern day Model T", so why not? LOL Okaaaay...

*Sorry...we're getting off track, here...

I pay 43 bucks every 2 weeks for my health insurance. My deductible is a little high, but I’m in pretty good health so I don’t sweat it. Anything can happen tho.
Will that change if you retire?

The reason I as is because health insurance is the only reason why I haven't retired yet. I will go broke in a couple of years just on health care.

Reactions: Chris

The reason I as is because health insurance is the only reason why I haven't retired yet. I will go broke in a couple of years just on health care.
+1 on that, health insurance would cost us at least $2200+/month if we retire before medicare age.....that is the last piece of the retirement puzzle I would love to solve. My wife works for the health insurance company we have for 28 years and we still pay $2-300 every other week for our family plan!

Reactions: ac_

I’ll find out in 33 yrs I guess lol. Saving now for retirement is the way to go. Been putting some back for some time now.

+1 on that, health insurance would cost us at least $2200+/month if we retire before medicare age.....that is the last piece of the retirement puzzle I would love to solve. My wife works for the health insurance company we have for 28 years and we still pay $2-300 every other week for our family plan!
Geez I don’t know how some family’s do it.

Chemotherapy IV Pharmacy Technician. I am one of the guys in the basement of a hospital usually working in a sterile glass box mixing drugs and hazardous materials for IV administration.

The chemo and radiation my dad had for his Stage IV cancer just destroyed him. He will never be the same. Sad, but true.

The chemo and radiation my dad had for his Stage IV cancer just destroyed him. He will never be the same. Sad, but true.
Your damned if you do...and damned if you don’t. Sad but true. Lost 3 grand parents to lung cancer 2/3 did chemo the third refused, all ended the same way. Some day we will have a cure, but for now the best thing to do is to stay away from the cancer sticks. We generate cancer cells everyday as it is...no need to light the fire also. It’s a sick terminal illness and it sucks watching loved ones suffer like that.