1. Want to have your TJ featured as the August 2018 "Ride of the Month"? The winner will receive a $200 gift card from Metalcloak! Click here to submit a photo of your TJ. Submissions are accepted until July 20th!
    Dismiss Notice

Wheel adaptors & stud length

Discussion in 'TJ Wheels & Tires' started by MLRSJEP, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:37 PM.

1. MLRSJEP

MLRSJEP New Member

Hi all. First time posting so thanks in advance.

I plan to put adaptors on my 05 TJ X to put on some 18" Sahara wheels. I'm not sure if I should get 1.25 or 1.5 inch adaptors. I'm not looking to offset the wheel any further. I want to get the right adaptor that ensures the lugnuts all snug up and there are no gaps between them.

Anyone know what stud size would be?

Attached Files:

2. glwood

glwood TJ Expert
    Supporting Member

Do you have a photo of the backside of the Sahara wheels? If there is an open space between the existing stud holes, it may not matter which you use. The studs on the hub would fit into that open space if it exists...if the backside of the wheel was completely flat where it mounts to the hub, then it would matter.

3. MLRSJEP

MLRSJEP New Member

I think I see what you're talking about and I don't think the inside is flat like what you're asking.

Attached Files:

4. Bamacon

Bamacon TJ Enthusiast

I am running JK wheel pattern on mine with 1.25 adapters. make sure the spacers are hub centric so the load is carried by the hub and not the lug studs. With 35/12.50 on the factory Rubicon wheels I got a little rub at full lock in the steering so I purchased a wheel with more backspacing. IMG_0208.JPG

#4 Bamacon, Jul 14, 2018 at 12:36 AM
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 12:42 AM
    Ranger_b0b likes this.
  5. Bamacon

Bamacon TJ Enthusiast