Wheel and tire size on an 4-cylinder SE

BigMac5166

Supporting Member
I recently picked up an 04 SE manual and it's going to need tires very soon. I currently have a new set of pull off of 18s with 255/70R18 tires on them that I got from a friend for free. I'm guessing the 18's on the SE are a bad idea correct? It currently has 15's with 31/10.5R15 tires.

What vehicle did the 18’s come from? You will probably need adapters to use them. Most people think 18 inch wheels don’t belong on a TJ. You should sell them and buy some new 31’s.

What vehicle did the 18’s come from? You will probably need adapters to use them. Most people think 18 inch wheels don’t belong on a TJ. You should sell them and buy some new 31’s.
Thats what I was thinking too. The 18's were from a Wrangler. I was just trying to take advantage of free lol. I don't care for the rims on their now as they are really wide and I'm just not a fan of the offset look. I'll probably end up ordering a new wheel and tire package and be done with it. Thanks for the input!

31" max tire size on any size wheels you like, with a 4 cylinder Jeep without regearing it. It's your Jeep. Wheel size is a personal preference.
p.s. Avatar pic shows a lift.

Reactions: Blondie70
p.s. I have run 31.5s on my 4-cylinder without a problem. But that's just moderate suburban driving, for the most part. The general rule of thumb around here is not to go past 31" on a 4-cylinder, unless you regear.

Reactions: Blondie70
31" max tire size on any size wheels you like, with a 4 cylinder Jeep without regearing it. It's your Jeep. Wheel size is a personal preference.
p.s. Avatar pic shows a lift.
Ya, I am still digging into things and figuring out what was done to it previously. I could tell it had a lift, but it appears to need some attention. Exploring all options at this point.