Wheel help: -43 offset with 3.75” backspacing

That's about right.

Wheel Backspacing.jpg

I'd go with a 15x8 for 35x12.50 tires, that width is better at keeping the tires seated when you're aired down for offroading than a 15x10 is. And you can forget you ever heard the term offset where Jeep and truck wheels are concerned, backspacing is the key dimension needed to figure out if it'll work. 3.75" BS works fine. I prefer 4" when I can find it since it keeps the tires tucked in a bit more. :)

Jerry... I'd hit like if could find the dang button .... lol.
With that said... I'm having issues finding a rim that is:
15"-17" with a 5x5.5 bolt pattern that is not a headlock (can't run them on the street here in Illinois) and is not a steal American Racing style rim. These will be for when I drive on the street. Parades mostly. (I am a Shriner and we do parades to raise money for our Children's hospital). When I Offroad I run Bogger some steel rims. 15x8".

Jerry... I'd hit like if could find the dang button .... lol.
With that said... I'm having issues finding a rim that is:
15"-17" with a 5x5.5 bolt pattern that is not a headlock (can't run them on the street here in Illinois) and is not a steal American Racing style rim. These will be for when I drive on the street. Parades mostly. (I am a Shriner and we do parades to raise money for our Children's hospital). When I Offroad I run Bogger some steel rims. 15x8".
Need more than 20 posts to like posts

Post the law that says no bead locks please.

Reactions: Rick Flair
IL requires wheels to be stamped DOT approved... (DOT does not approve wheels to my knowledge but that doesn't stop manufactures from stamping them in some cases nor doe sit stop IL from making stupid laws. IL has lift high restrictions (3 ") as well as frame height. You also can't run a tire that sticks out past the fender. SO... the chances of getting pulled over in IL (northern mostly) are high. Then they throw the book at you. It is stupid... yes.

IL requires wheels to be stamped DOT approved... (DOT does not approve wheels to my knowledge but that doesn't stop manufactures from stamping them in some cases nor doe sit stop IL from making stupid laws. IL has lift high restrictions (3 ") as well as frame height. You also can't run a tire that sticks out past the fender. SO... the chances of getting pulled over in IL (northern mostly) are high. Then they throw the book at you. It is stupid... yes.
Know anybody that got a beadlock ticket? Have some police officers in the family and I guarantee they couldn’t tell the difference between a real and a fake beadlock. Probably don’t even know what a beadlock is.

Know anybody that got a beadlock ticket? Have some police officers in the family and I guarantee they couldn’t tell the difference between a real and a fake beadlock. Probably don’t even know what a beadlock is.
There are only two states that have an actual law against 2-piece beadlock wheels, New Jersey and Utah.

Reactions: Apparition
Never knew anyone to win an argument with an officer on the side of the road either... I've beens topped. Others have been as well. I'm of the school... don't give them a reason to pull you over and find things to ticket you for. 2 "pops" and it makes for a bad day. :). Illinois sucks as a state. <—— understatement of the year. Again... in Illinois anything over 3" lift is illegal. Bumper height restrictions... tire size restrictions... Tire under fender... the list keeps going.
I could win the deadlock ticket.... but loose the rest. $$$

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Yep, been running them on the street for over 20 years. No law against it and the fad of all the fake locks....a trained eye would struggle. AND....there is no law against them here in Oregon.

Never knew anyone to win an argument with an officer on the side of the road either... I've beens topped. Others have been as well. I'm of the school... don't give them a reason to pull you over and find things to ticket you for. 2 "pops" and it makes for a bad day. :). Illinois sucks as a state. <—— understatement of the year. Again... in Illinois anything over 3" lift is illegal. Bumper height restrictions... tire size restrictions... Tire under fender... the list keeps going.
I could win the deadlock ticket.... but loose the rest. $$$
Minnesota has all those laws, nobody cares to enforce them and I drive like an asshole.

Let’s play a game. Which one is a real beadlock and which is a fake lock? I just snapped these pics two minutes ago.

13A3DD02-5A07-4C97-AC7F-9D51598B972D.jpeg

07E92B53-E9AA-4126-AEE6-F09BFA688321.jpeg

Rubi04... who cares? You are fighting a battle not worth fighting. Nobody is disagreeing with you... The fact remains... Illinois has strict laws and it is not worth the argument for street tires. Either add to the conversation (actually don't... CodaMan already helped me) or move on. Why continue to argue a mute point? Have beer and relax man. :)

• Haha
Reactions: MikeE024
Rubi04... who cares? You are fighting a battle not worth fighting. Nobody is disagreeing with you... The fact remains... Illinois has strict laws and it is not worth the argument for street tires. Either add to the conversation (actually don't... CodaMan already helped me) or move on. Why continue to argue a mute point? Have beer and relax man. :)

Ok, you do you. I’m only 20 years in law enforcement and trying to help. You spread misinformation and scare people.
People care because they want to feel safe and not crawl into a corner because you live in fear. You didn’t answer the question and it shows, your not going to either.

it is not a mute point. Don’t feed the engine and virus that is our government and laws.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
Ok, you do you. I’m only 20 years in law enforcement and trying to help. You spread misinformation and scare people.
People care because they want to feel safe and not crawl into a corner because you live in fear. You didn’t answer the question and it shows, your not going to either.

it is not a mute point. Don’t feed the engine and virus that is our government and laws.
You guys better change it to “moot” before Chris goes all grammar nazi on you. ;)

Reactions: Rick Flair