Wheel spacers

I’m sure people do, but why not make them as safe as possible? I had mine loosen up at least once before I added red locktite

I've run mine for 20,000 mi with blue loctite an did a test an took two off an it was a bitch...never had one loosen.
I asked a buddy who owns a tire shop bout it an he said he didn't think it mattered one way or the other....

It is my understanding that the anticipated "permanent" install of red Loctite without heat to remove is intended for smaller fasteners, so because of the larger size and torque applied for removal, it is not impossible to break free without breaking a stud. I sold my 17" JK wheels and 5x4.5 to 5x5 adapters a few months back and a 1/2" Dewalt cordless impact had no issue breaking the nuts free on the adapters and my studs were no worse for the wear.

No loctite for me. Torque em and run em, check em when I rotate my tires.
Same here...it literally adds about two minutes to my total tire rotation time to click the torque wrench on the spacer nuts.

Why would the spacer nuts be any more prone to working loose than the regular lug nuts? Does anyone loctite those on?

Reactions: Vinsane