Wheel spacers

Wild bill

I have a 97 tj with 35-12.50-17 and they scrub the lower control arms. Do I get a 1.25” spacer to help or not? Don’t want to have the wheels fall off going down the road by using them.

I have a 97 tj with 35-12.50-17 and they scrub the lower control arms. Do I get a 1.25” spacer to help or not? Don’t want to have the wheels fall off going down the road by using them.
Wheel spacers are common and fine on a TJ.

Reactions: CodaMan
IMO not good to have a wheel spacer if you want to do it right, rather buy a new rim with the right backspace.
How do I get a JK rim with the 5 on 5 bolt circle on a TJ without wheel spacers? That's right, I don't. But, why should I avoid the very available good looking rims with practically free high quality tires that are for sale? I shouldn't and due to the high amount of back spacing the JK rim has, a wheel adapter spaces them out just right when you bolt them up to a TJ. So, for a 100 bucks in adapters, I get to make use of a pile of good looking rims and tires. I've currently got 4 sets of JK rims and tires laying around and the most I have in any of them is 350 for a set of 5.

What other quality 32" tire are you going to get for 350 for 5 and have them toss in a set of free rims?

Reactions: ac_ and CodaMan
How do I get a JK rim with the 5 on 5 bolt circle on a TJ without wheel spacers? That's right, I don't. But, why should I avoid the very available good looking rims with practically free high quality tires that are for sale? I shouldn't and due to the high amount of back spacing the JK rim has, a wheel adapter spaces them out just right when you bolt them up to a TJ. So, for a 100 bucks in adapters, I get to make use of a pile of good looking rims and tires. I've currently got 4 sets of JK rims and tires laying around and the most I have in any of them is 350 for a set of 5.

What other quality 32" tire are you going to get for 350 for 5 and have them toss in a set of free rims?
My bad, I didn't know you are trying to match a JK rims :(