Wheel/tire fit

Mugsy

Can anybody tell me if I can directly swap Rubicon wheels and tires onto my stock TJ without modifications, lift kits, etc.?

If its from a TJ Rubicon yes. Any JK wheels (2007+) however will not fit on your TJ.

yes to the above. I have TJ Rubicon wheels (16x8) on my 02' sport. my original stock wheels were the ecco wheels (15x7). the TJ Rubicon wheels fit fine with 245/75/16 tires. No lift and no rubbing or any problems. The JK (2007+) Rubicon wheels will fit however; you need a 5 bolt on 4.5 inch spacing to 5 bolt on 5 inch spacing adapter. The JK Rubicon stock tire is a 255/75/17 BF Goodrich mud terrain tire that would give you some issues without a lift. technically I think they would fit however they would rub and your wheel travel would be limited.

Reactions: Kyle_W
You can fit the JK Rubicon wheels on your TJ, but you'll need wheel adapters and probably a little bit of a lift. They'd fit without a lift, but it will be a really, really tight fit. With 2" of lift you'd be good to go!

Reactions: Rob5589 and Kyle_W
Thanks to everybody for all of the helpful info. I may just leave things as they are until it's time for new tires

Reactions: Chris