Wheeling in a Prius!?!

Bird Dog

TJ Enthusiast
So my son got married yesterday at a place called Max Patch on the NC/TN line. The roads were decent but rain & sleet made the 8 mile stretch of Forest Service Access roads questionable but all the wedding party made it fine. I was regretting not bringing my 01 TJ instead of my wife's RAV4 when a Prius pulls up with my now daughter in laws roommate behind the wheel. It just blew my mind that someone would take a Prius up there but I guess it is all in the mind. Or maybe it shows the off-road capability of the Prius! Despite near freezing to death the couple was happily married at their favorite spot and all vehicles, including the Prius, made it home safely without incident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did it at least look like this:qmeparto:
prius.jpg

Reactions: UpperMI
A Prius on forest service roads? While I don't doubt it's possible, I would have died laughing just at the sight of it alone.

So my son got married yesterday at a place called Max Patch on the NC/TN line. The roads were decent but rain & sleet made the 8 mile stretch of Forest Service Access roads questionable but all the wedding party made it fine. I was regretting not bringing my 01 TJ instead of my wife's RAV4 when a Prius pulls up with my now daughter in laws roommate behind the wheel. It just blew my mind that someone would take a Prius up there but I guess it is all in the mind. Or maybe it shows the off-road capability of the Prius! Despite near freezing to death the couple was happily married at their favorite spot and all vehicles, including the Prius, made it home safely without incident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Max Patch is like 30 min from my house. Great spot.

I owned a Prius. It was a great car. I traveled in it everyday about 120 miles. I was getting on average about 65mpg.

At the time of purchase, the dealership had them for $6000 under MSRP and then the .fed gave me I believe $4000 at the end of the year for buying it.

I basically got a fully loaded brand new Prius for about $16k.

Never once gave me any problems; it was the perfect commuter vehicle. It had lots of trunk space and cabin room (I’m 6’1”) and handled great. It topped out at 110mph.

• Wow
Reactions: TJ Starting