Wheeling in western Massachusetts

MaBell is a cool place, even if short. Even better is that it’s legal and public. A lot of time and effort from local clubs and wheelers working with the town to make it accessible...the way it should be everywhere. I applaud the effort. Hopefully people respect it and stop the trail braiding and illegal bypasses.

It’s a badass trail. We love going there.

I don't think any of my favorite wheeling areas are less than 2 hours away, 90 minutes at the least for lesser favorites. But I generally spend Fri/Saturday nights camped out there.

I put in five hours each way this past weekend. Small investment in time for a large return in experience.

Its basically at least 3hrs(leaving at oh dark thirty otherwise you’re screwed) for us to get to our wheeling spots...we live on a sandbar, just outside one of the largest, most congested cities in the country that we must drive through to get anywhere. The NE sucks. We love hearing from our northern friends that complain that their wheeling spots are “so hard” to get to, especially the ones that are “an hour away”....

How far are you from PA. Rausch and Anthracite are 4 hrs from me with plenty of accommodations and camping. I'll usually drive down friday, wheel Saturday and fingers crossed drive back sat night.