Wheelstand photos

tworley

Auto club
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Anyone got pictures of wheelstands?

20191005_123921.jpg

It’s tough, when you come over that step there’s a deep hole, your passenger side tires need to be high on the wall and drivers side needs to be right in the edge of the hole. Too far to the left and your right rear drops in the hole and your done, to far too the right and you end up on your drivers side. I had a good spotter.

When’s your next trip to Moab?
I want to go April 2020, but it looks like it won’t be till car show weekend 2021 (end of April).

At some point I need to stop messing with the Jeep and start putting that money toward trips. Just a few more parts (Rear CA’s, SS SYE, DC)

I want to go April 2020, but it looks like it won’t be till car show weekend 2021 (end of April).

At some point I need to stop messing with the Jeep and start putting that money toward trips. Just a few more parts (Rear CA’s, SS SYE, DC)
I’m going this April 20th through 25th

Reactions: JMT
I’ll drop by if I can get away. I’ll be ready for a break at that time anyway.
Here’s a picture of a JKU in the right line with the front after getting over that step.
74BFF0E3-32F1-4CEA-A4DF-B807A0A376DF.jpeg

you have to make sure the rear stays as high as it can because when it starts to droop it will crab you over into the hole.

Here’s a picture of a JKU in the right line with the front after getting over that step.View attachment 132362
you have to make sure the rear stays as high as it can because when it starts to droop it will crab you over into the hole.
That helps a lot. When I was there I was watching two rigs from the tree down at the bottom, becaseu I was watching someone's dog. I finally made it up there while the second rig (an LJ on 40's) got stuck in that hole. I can see now he was too far driver and didn't get his wheels up high enough on the passenger wall. The other guy who ran it was in a TJR on 32's with a 2" TT. He was an old guy in his 70's who was insistent on the line and the spotter. He said you have to turn hard passenger when you come up so you get your passenger wheels up against that wall. I still think he was too far driver from what I am seeing now. He was sitting more level than that JKU IIRC. And when he first started up his driver tire went up in the air. He backed up and moved further over toward the passenger side and then went right up. 3 minutes in all.

Reactions: DrDmoney