Where are you mounting your on-board air compressors?

It's hard to beat a simple crutch tip for that job.

Yup... got the idea from you.
(y)

2022-06-18 OBA Install 01.jpg

Reactions: Zorba
Reactions: Apparition
Where do all of these go?

I can think of five maybe.

Well thought out wherever they all go...

I have a chuck at each tire, a bleeder behind the winch and a gage in the cab. Fills all four in about 4-5 min. I use the tires as tanks and can run an impact if needed.

Reactions: MikekiM
I have a chuck at each tire, a bleeder behind the winch and a gage in the cab. Fills all four in about 4-5 min. I use the tires as tanks and can run an impact if needed.

Run impact off the tires? Now that’s the first time I am hearing this. Great idea. With the Twin ARB you fill the tires pretty quickLy. Do you connect directly to one or all tires at the same time, when using impact tools? Would love to know more about how you’re doing this.

Run impact off the tires? Now that’s the first time I am hearing this. Great idea. With the Twin ARB you fill the tires pretty quickLy. Do you connect directly to one or all tires at the same time, when using impact tools? Would love to know more about how you’re doing this.

I connect to all at the same time to air up or deflate. If I want to run a tool, I just unplug one of the tires. I carry 4 short hoses with standard filler fittings on them and one other that has the female chuck for tools and or blowing air to clean the cab. I'll post pics when I get home.

I connect to all at the same time to air up or deflate. If I want to run a tool, I just unplug one of the tires. I carry 4 short hoses with standard filler fittings on them and one other that has the female chuck for tools and or blowing air to clean the cab. I'll post pics when I get home.

I love this. Do I understand that you’d be using three tires as the tank? You’re replacing one length of hose that would be a filler to one tire with the other short hose that has the female chuck?

I have just one chuck up front and plan to add another at the rear, with the intent of being able to air two at a time. Not sure if my single ARB can tackle all four at once.

I need to put a bleeder valve in mine. I use the deflate button on the ARB inflator/gauge to purge the lines and the Staun deflators which I find incredibly easy.

Last edited:
You happen to have a link for that one, Ryan?

It's a cover for remote hydraulic lines on a tractor. They do come in several sizes, and Tractor Supply carries them. If you go to a tractor dealer, you can probably even find them in yellow.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I love this.

I have just one chuck up front and plan to add another at the rear, with the intent of being able to air two at a time. Not sure if my single ARB can tackle all four at once.

Single might be a tad small for all 4, what size tires?

I love this.

I've considered this before and found that unless you're out for extended periods, the battery options are more than enough. Not to diminish the idea, but just sharing how I made my choice even with a York that runs much higher sustained CFM.

Reactions: MikekiM
I've considered this before and found that unless you're out for extended periods, the battery options are more than enough. Not to diminish the idea, but just sharing how I made my choice even with a York that runs much higher sustained CFM.

Agreed, The whole system isn't really necessary, I just get bored easy and like projects. Being able to run a tool is just a bonus that I thought about after having it installed. I woke up one night thinking about it, so I tried it out and it worked.

Reactions: rasband