Where can I find an OEM style 6-speed shift knob?

JeepManJones

The shift knob that came on my TJ is some light up aftermarket BS that is faded, torn, and disgusting. Where can I find a shift knob for the NSG370 that threads on like the OEM one? I can't stand the knobs that come with a set screw and all sorts of adaptors. Had one on my Tacoma and it damaged the threads on the shifter rod, looking to avoid this route.

I am also looking for a replacement outer shift boot which I can't seem to find anywhere for the 05's and 06's.

Any help appreciated.

The shift knob that came on my TJ is some light up aftermarket BS

Got pichers?

Where can I find a shift knob for the NSG370 that threads on like the OEM one?

OEM or aftermarket? I have an M10x1.50 aftermarket shift knob that comes with lock nut but I installed the shift knob without it.

I am also looking for a replacement outer shift boot which I can't seem to find anywhere for the 05's and 06's.

OEM or aftermarket?

Got pichers?

OEM or aftermarket? I have an M10x1.50 aftermarket shift knob that comes with lock nut but I installed the shift knob without it.

OEM or aftermarket?

Honestly I don't really care if either is OEM or aftermarket, as long as the shift knob has threads that screw right onto the column. I have used one with a locknut in the past and have had great luck but cannot seem to find one for the NSG370.

Honestly I don't really care if either is OEM or aftermarket, as long as the shift knob has threads that screw right onto the column. I have used one with a locknut in the past and have had great luck but cannot seem to find one for the NSG370.

Are you referring to thread size/pitch or an engraved shift pattern?

I have used Speed Dawg shift knobs before.

You can get one with the correct pattern for your 6 speed.

0EA5FEE6-528B-4B10-B416-A93752F5FCC2.jpeg

Reactions: JeepManJones
Should be able to get an oem knob from amazon ebay or mopar parts store.

Shift boot will have to be custom made.

Thread size. I just want to purchase a knob that screws right on to the existing column.

They are generic. It just has to be M10x1.50 thread size/pitch. Here's my current from EPCO:
1.jpg

and the one it replaced from SickSpeed:
2.jpg

Both of them have M10x1.50 threaded inserts and lock nuts. If you choose to not use the lock nut you have to do something to prevent the shift shaft from bottoming out in the shift knob or you'll crack the knob.

And an outer boot.

I have no affiliation or experience with this business but a quick Googling brings up: https://www.redlinegoods.com/Wrangler9702shiftboot.php

Last edited: