Where can I get control arm bolts?

raycer12

Supporting Member
Does anyone know where to get a complete set of control arm bolts? I can only find the front cam bolts (which I don't need) or complete sets for jk's. The closest I can find locally is Fastenal but they don't have m10's long enough in stock or the m14's long enough for the front lower. I also think the nuts are locknuts but am not positive. If I can't find nuts and bolts that are shouldered do I have to use washers or can I go with plain nuts and bolts? Also considered going to 3/8 for the m10's and 9/16 for the m14's. Ant thought on that? Thanks.

I always replace the bolts anytime I do any mod. Usually the easiest part of the job but not for this one. There has to be a source out there somewhere for these bolts. Does anyone have any info on a source for these bolts?

Found this on a different forum

Front Uppers (Axle Side) - M10x1.50x75.00 (Hex Flange Nut)
Front Uppers (Frame Side) - M10x1.50x78.20 (Hex Flange Lock Nut)
Front Lowers (Axle Side) - M14x2.0x111.6 (Cam Bolt) (M14 washer & Hex Nut)
Front Lowers (Frame Side) - M14x2.0x105.00 (Hex Flange Lock Nut)

Rear Uppers (Axle Side) - M10x1.50x78.20 (Hex Flange Lock Nut)
Rear Uppers (Frame Side) - M10x1.50x78.20 (Hex Flange Lock Nut)
Rear Lowers (Axle Side) - M14x2.0x105.0 (Hex Flange Nut)
Rear Lowers (Frame Side) - M14x2.0x105.0 (Hex Flange Nut)

Front Track Bar (Axle) - M10x1.75x75.00 Truss Head (Nut)
Front Track Bar (Frame) - N/A (tre-like nut built into the stock one that requires a castle nut & cotter pin)
Rear Track Bar (Frame) - M12x1.75x80 (Hex Flange Lock Nut)
Rear Track Bar (Axle) - M12x1.75x80 (Hex Flange Lock Nut (on a tab))

Reactions: Blondie70
I've searched a bunch of places online but haven't found any one place that has every size. Seems the front lowers are the least common, most places only go up to 100mm. Locking flange nuts are hard to find as well. I was trying to stay with flange nuts and bolts but I think I'll just use what I can find. I'm just surprised that the places that sell original or aftermarket control arms don't sell the hardware.
I think I might have been getting a little OCD over nuts and bolts (there's an acronym you could probably add to the list).

Last edited:
Reactions: Serbonze
Found a place that has all the sizes I need. Rounded up the lengths that were as close to what I needed. Thanks for the list Alex01, I was measuring in inches. My front upper axle side needed to be a little longer because the Rancho arms are much thicker material than the stock ones. If anyone else needs bolts I got them at belmetric.com prices seemed good and they ship same day.

I just replaced the lower axle side bolts front and rear with 9/16 bolts and half inch washers. I found them at lowes and tractor supply.
Also what part of the Cape are you from? I grew up in Cotuit.

Reactions: derekmac
daveys jeep got a bunch of oem bolts, with the tabs an all. i think they were sellin for 5 for a set of two, i do believe.

I think your the reason I need new bolts. I'm going to be cutting my welded cam bolts off tomorrow. I got the other 14 control arm bolts out but not them. Tried hitting them with a bfh and the bracket on the axle started to bend, put an impact gun on it and the whole control arm turns with the bolt but it wont break free. Not sure if I'm going to use a sawzall or cut off wheel. I saw a post somewhere about someone using a ball joint removal tool to drive it out but since I don't have one I think I'll just be cutting.

I was actually hoping someplace sold complete bolt sets, they have them for the jk, as I don't like reusing rusty bolts or locknuts.

And sgtjdgelinas, I grew up in Yarmouth and am still here. You go to BHS?

Reactions: sgtjdgelinas
I think your the reason I need new bolts. I'm going to be cutting my welded cam bolts off tomorrow. I got the other 14 control arm bolts out but not them. Tried hitting them with a bfh and the bracket on the axle started to bend, put an impact gun on it and the whole control arm turns with the bolt but it wont break free. Not sure if I'm going to use a sawzall or cut off wheel. I saw a post somewhere about someone using a ball joint removal tool to drive it out but since I don't have one I think I'll just be cutting.

I was actually hoping someplace sold complete bolt sets, they have them for the jk, as I don't like reusing rusty bolts or locknuts.

Yes I went to BHS, class of 98. Debating whether or not to go to the 20 year reunion coming up.

It's not as easy as a list printed out for you but I've been looking up bolt sizes at www.moparpartsoverstock.com You can enter your vehicle info and pull up the factory diagrams for any part on your jeep. Before I start I look to see what bolts I think are going to break or just look like they should be replaced and get them before I start. I never seem get everything but I bet it saves me at least one trip to the hardware store in the middle of the job.

Wasnt me:) I asked an alignment guy who said them bolts can come loose, an when i said, about tac welding them, i seen a moment of well, I will loose money on having to re adjust them, cause they wont come loose:)

Found a place that has all the sizes I need. Rounded up the lengths that were as close to what I needed. Thanks for the list Alex01, I was measuring in inches. My front upper axle side needed to be a little longer because the Rancho arms are much thicker material than the stock ones. If anyone else needs bolts I got them at belmetric.com prices seemed good and they ship same day.

Greetings.
How did the bolts from belmetric.com work out for you?
Thanks.

I just replaced the lower axle side bolts front and rear with 9/16 bolts and half inch washers. I found them at lowes and tractor supply.
Also what part of the Cape are you from? I grew up in Cotuit.

How did the bolts you use hold up? I'm trying to replace my frame side lower bolts.