Where can I get get good parts for 4.0 rebuild?

Mitch984

I'm doing a full engine rebuild on my 4.0 I'm swapping into my wrangler anyone have suggestions on where to get good parts for internals and any good upgrades no turbo or superchargers don't have the money for that yet

You doing it yourself or taking it to a shop? About only upgrade you can do short of stroking it is bore it out, add a mild comp cam, new pistons and go. Not really much of an upgrade just a refresh but that's what I did and I am very happy with it.

The cam I got was part # 68-232-4. It came with lifters and springs. A special timing set is needed with this cam. Had block bored out 30 over and shop ordered Silvolite deep dish pistons. Best bet would be call Comp cams and talk to them. 901-795-2400. They have a cam help line too. 800-999-0853. Website is compcams.com

The cam I got was part # 68-232-4. It came with lifters and springs. A special timing set is needed with this cam. Had block bored out 30 over and shop ordered Silvolite deep dish pistons. Best bet would be call Comp cams and talk to them. 901-795-2400. They have a cam help line too. 800-999-0853. Website is compcams.com
Im doing my first build and my machine shop installed a 68-232-4 Comp Cam. After some research I found that comp recommends using heavier springs. Problem is, the springs they recommend are for 88' or earlier so they will not work with my 2000 Sahara's head. Aside from the different timing set, now I have to hunt down that stuff. What did you do to solve this? Thanks.

I looked at my build sheet from my engine guy again. It doesn’t say anything about new springs so I guess he used the originals.. I’ll have to ask him. Since the rebuild in Jan’17 I drive it everyday and I have also been on several long trips (4-8hr) and it still runs great. Loaded down with tools, some spare parts, full ice chest, luggage and the wife it will cruise at 75-80 very easily.

Reactions: KCsTJ