Where can I get replacement speed nuts to fix 97 TJ interior door pull?

Sharpermd

I feel bad posting this question, because it seems like this basic info should be out there. But I have searched, and haven't found an answer...

Where can I get replacement "speed nuts" or "extruded U nuts" to fix my broken interior door pulls? I ordered a set of door pulls off of ebay, erroneously thinking the nuts would be included, but no.

I've visited local auto stores (admittedly not a Jeep dealership), and they all look at me as if I was speaking a different language.

Can anyone here help? Does anyone know what I should be asking for specifically?

Thanks in advance!

I've seen those at O'Reilly's and Advanced Auto Parts. In both stores they're in the "help section" on a turntable type rack with loads of different clips, screws and bolts.

Hate to revive a dead thread. This one has been helpful for the pull handle fastener, but I think I'm missing something else for the lock/release handle. I assume there's a much larger/longer u nut the clips inside the door shell for the latch to screw into. Anyone have any idea what I'm looking for? Worst case, I drag my half door project to ace hardware and try things on.

Hate to revive a dead thread. This one has been helpful for the pull handle fastener, but I think I'm missing something else for the lock/release handle. I assume there's a much larger/longer u nut the clips inside the door shell for the latch to screw into. Anyone have any idea what I'm looking for? Worst case, I drag my half door project to ace hardware and try things on.
I have my half doors apart right now so I went out and took a picture. I have no idea where to get one other than a hardware store.

You are taking about the one that the interior pull handle and lock uses, correct?

EAAEC60A-CB20-4F14-B825-718212D2DA0E.jpeg
0E8EB9FC-69FA-47DC-A2FC-6EC4FC8EE526.jpeg

I have my half doors apart right now so I went out and took a picture. I have no idea where to get one other than a hardware store.

You are taking about the one that the interior pull handle and lock uses, correct?

View attachment 249166View attachment 249168
Mega helpful. They definitely have those at Ace. Thank you so much! Supposed to be real rainy tomorrow in Denver, so I'll be able to avoid toting the shells around. Seals from mopar are ordered. Bought sliders off CL today. I'm already too deep in the pocket on this project, but I may just cash in my 401k to paint them at this rate 😅

• Haha
Reactions: MountaineerTom

View attachment 249166View attachment 249168
Also missing a tiny one for the (what I call the pull handle) strap. Figure those are easy to source given that I have 3 of the 4 and can just pull one to compare.

Mega helpful. They definitely have those at Ace. Thank you so much! Supposed to be real rainy tomorrow in Denver, so I'll be able to avoid toting the shells around. Seals from mopar are ordered. Bought sliders off CL today. I'm already too deep in the pocket on this project, but I may just cash in my 401k to paint them at this rate 😅

No problem. I’m excited to get my half doors finished up. I’ve had them for a few years but just recently started serious work in them. My best friend started painting them for me but we ran out of paint, both of us got busy on other stuff. Just got some more paint and we’re going to try to get them going again.

No problem. I’m excited to get my half doors finished up. I’ve had them for a few years but just recently started serious work in them. My best friend started painting them for me but we ran out of paint, both of us got busy on other stuff. Just got some more paint and we’re going to try to get them going again.
Considering painting mine the same color as my rims. Probably cheaper than color matching the black. Undecided. If I go with black, I'll probably just rock that copper orange they are until I pony up the money to fix hail damage and get it repainted with both doorsets. All of this just to get trail pinstripes

Mine were a mess, but I got them for $300. They sat up in the attic of my workshop for over a year before I decided to do anything with them. I’ve completely gutted them, cleaned and lubed the latch assembly's, recycled the cylinders, gathered any needed hardware, repaired and repainted the interior panels and now just waiting to finish up the paint.

IMG_4231.JPGIMG_8352.JPGIMG_8347.JPGIMG_8514.JPGIMG_8643.JPGIMG_8667.JPGpass side 1.JPGIMG_9949.JPGdoor panels.jpgIMG_1253.JPGIMG_1258.JPGIMG_1267.JPGIMG_1268.JPGIMG_1734.JPG

Reactions: GoldenEagle