Where can you rent a Jeep?

59 wagon man

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ok so i don't think my jeep will ever make it to Moab. if i went again i would rent a jeep and go 4 wheeling in it. i also see you can rent one in Gatlinburg tn and travel the backwoods to Cherokee nc. anyone know of other places to do this ?

I know you can rent them in Hawaii and Moab.

Why do you think your Jeep won’t make it?

http://farabeejeeps.com/

Here's an option to rent and drive to Moab from CO or CA. They used to have a Moab location, but don't anymore. I'm sure someone else in Moab rents them though...

Wasn't really thinking earlier, but Turo doesn't make sense for getting a vehicle to actually off-road, lol. I just thought of it since Doug Demuro talks about it a lot as a source for how he reviews various interesting cars.

last june i was out in moab and rented a jeep from twisted jeeps.went over harrah pass ,chicken corners etc. loved it. came home several weeks later wound up in the hospital for a few and out of work for several months. my recovery was either a servicar.dune buggy or a jeep . guess which won? but the Michigan thing ion the dunes was one i was looking for.I am not one to shy away from driving this trip was 9000 miles in 3-1/2 weeks so let me put it this way while my jeep would make it my body probably would be sore for a week . plus i hate my hardtop
IMG_3517.JPG

last june i was out in moab and rented a jeep from twisted jeeps.went over harrah pass ,chicken corners etc. loved it. came home several weeks later wound up in the hospital for a few and out of work for several months. my recovery was either a servicar.dune buggy or a jeep . guess which won? but the Michigan thing ion the dunes was one i was looking for.I am not one to shy away from driving this trip was 9000 miles in 3-1/2 weeks so let me put it this way while my jeep would make it my body probably would be sore for a week . plus i hate my hardtop View attachment 50436

What did they charge you to rent that thing?

And what happens if you wreck it? Do they offer insurance or something?

What did they charge you to rent that thing?

And what happens if you wreck it? Do they offer insurance or something?

In simple terms with their insurance they will cove costs after $5000..... if you waver it then your insurance company will pay damages up to the value of the jeep. As we all know that will not cover the cost of modifications. Im sure they will sue you after your insurance company pays fair market value..... of course that is worse case.
I have looked at thier reviews and other then a couple of complaints about reservations. Nobody has posted about being charged for damage. So it is hard to say.

• 2-door:
    • 1-2 days or 1-2 Jeeps: $245 per day, per Jeep*
    • 3-4 days or 3-4 Jeeps: $225 per day, per Jeep*
    • 5+ days or 5+ Jeeps: $200 per day, per Jeep*
  • 4-door:
    • 1-2 days or 1-2 Jeeps: $295 per day, per Jeep*
    • 3-4 days or 3-4 Jeeps: $265 per day, per Jeep*
    • 5+ days or 5+ Jeeps: $235 per day, per Jeep

COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW):
The collision damage waiver does not cover property damage of any sort. It only waives damage beyond $5000 to the vehicle under contract. It does not cover bodily injury. The Collision Damage Waiver is available for NON-RESIDENTS only. You must have comprehensive auto insurance to rent as a US Citizen.

I've been traveling to Hawaii for work (I know, please feel sorry for me).. Jeeps everywhere but TJ's are of course a bit rarer. All major rental car companies have nice Jeeps but looking at $1000 minimum for a week... screw that, plus my company won't cover that. I got a convertible Mini Cooper last time and it was awesome. Park it anywhere, great on gas, plenty of room.. man I was zipping all over that place. But still envious of all the Jeeps.