Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Where did it go? Or are some mechanics that bad?

Jmr17320

TJ Enthusiast
Jeep JK Dana 44.

IIRC there needs to be a pin where I placed the safety wire (for the pic)?

I don’t see it in the drain pan. Did a mechanic just decide it was Friday and put the cover on?

C56DD091-4836-4E24-9D6E-0693CEA40CC4.jpeg

7E275C0D-1BBA-418F-B363-4E58887C3868.jpeg

freedom_in_4low

Sacred Order of the Coil Spring
Supporting Member
It's a hollow roll pin, but all that means is a wire won't prove it's absence. See if you can confirm with a mirror if you doubt it's there, though mine have never been super tight so I'd be surprised if it managed to stay in place while being driven for any distance.

OP
J

Jmr17320

TJ Enthusiast
Cross shaft does not move. I cleaned the area and feel confident there is a rolled pin inside. I was just expecting a threaded bolt and began scratching my head. So yes, I am that stupid (but still learning).

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
Cross shaft does not move. I cleaned the area and feel confident there is a rolled pin inside. I was just expecting a threaded bolt and began scratching my head. So yes, I am that stupid (but still learning).

The only stupid ignorance is the willful type. It isn't stupid to not know something, that's just ignorance which we are all guilty of.