Where do I buy tapered sleeve for frame side track bar?

I'm with EZ Wrangler helping. It's wallowed out bad enough the rod end bottoms out in the hole.

What size tapered sleeve do we get? I believe it is a stock sized rod end.

20210921_183446.jpg

20210921_183613.jpg

I'm with EZ Wrangler helping. It's wallowed out bad enough the rod end bottoms out in the hole.

What size tapered sleeve do we get? I believe it is a stock sized rod end.

View attachment 278593

View attachment 278595
The sleeve will need to be as tall as the thickness of that mount. My sleeves work but you don't have my tooling to prep the frame and you'd have to drop the axle down far enough to get a drill in there. Mine use a 3/4" drill bit, a .760 reamer, and a 1" piloted counterbore to cut the counterbore for the shoulder on the sleeve.

I could do it here, other than that, maybe one from a standard knuckle flip that is slit on one side should do it.

The sleeve will need to be as tall as the thickness of that mount. My sleeves work but you don't have my tooling to prep the frame and you'd have to drop the axle down far enough to get a drill in there. Mine use a 3/4" drill bit, a .760 reamer, and a 1" piloted counterbore to cut the counterbore for the shoulder on the sleeve.

I could do it here, other than that, maybe one from a standard knuckle flip that is slit on one side should do it.
Thanks Blaine. We couldn't source a sleeve locally today. So, he's just going to upgrade to a better track bar with a bolted frame-side joint. When it arrives we'll just drill the frame side mount out for the bolt.

Reactions: EZ_Wrangler

I know clamping force is sufficient to hold a slip critical component in a wallowed out hole in a double shear application like a control arm or axle side track bar mount. Does the same apply to a single shear application like the frame side track bar mount? Will a properly torqued 9/16" bolt sufficiently hold the JKS track bar or will we need to drill out the hole and install a sleeve?

I know clamping force is sufficient to hold a slip critical component in a wallowed out hole in a double shear application like a control arm or axle side track bar mount. Does the same apply to a single shear application like the frame side track bar mount? Will a properly torqued 9/16" bolt sufficiently hold the JKS track bar or will we need to drill out the hole and install a sleeve?
It will hold as long as there is decent contact between the top flat spot on the JJ ball and the bottom of the mount.

When removing my old track bar, @taylormade73 broke off the Axle side bolt. Can anyone tell me what size bolt I need for this when installing the new JKS adjustable? (It only came with one 9/16" bolt for the frame side mount)

Thanks! Forgot to go get in before install, now once I start install tonight, it will be after the hardware store closes. I will need to stop after work to get it and don't have the old one as reference. Thanks @mrblaine
I'll verify the size in a few minutes.
Stock is M10 x 1.5 x 75mm long in M Class 10.9 strength.
Ours is M10 x 1.5 x 70 but it doesn't have a short pilot like some of the stock ones do.

Last edited: