Where do the 2 rear straps on a bikini / safari attach to?

TNHEADDUCK

TJ Enthusiast
Where do the 2 rear straps on a bikini/safari attach to the jeep at? I don't see any footman loops or brackets to run it to, my new TJ is a hardtop model.

Jason

For a safari, under the rear shoulder belt mount on the roll bar.

IMG_2022[1].JPG
X2. I put a bolt in mine since I dont have a back seat. Disregard the split zippers

My Smittybilt bikini attaches under the channel of the rear of tub. There are hook type brackets that grab the channel then you cinch the buckle down.

What brand safari, and does it have hooks on the straps?
Not sure on the brand and no it doesn't have any hooks, it came with a new to me TJ I purchased. I run a spider top on my LJ and figured I might as well try this one being it came with it, Ill take some pictures of how I hooked it, should be good for a laugh to some of you.

Jason

That looks like a redneck way.

The straps are to short to attach anywhere else! I ran mine this way all of last summer and so far since April of this year, hasn't come loose yet

That bolt is a safety hazard, might snag some kids eyes or head sitting at the back? Just saying :(
Not having a back seat is also pretty dangerous for the kiddos. Tworley should stop putting all of his kids back there. Or at least start strapping them down. ;)

Reactions: tworley
If I had kids, sure. I guess I could see that. But there would also be a seatbelt in its place.

In the last two years Ive never had more than two people in my jeep at a time. Me and a passenger. Having the room in rear makes more sense for me.