Where do you mount your communications radios?

I ended up drilling holes in the Tuffy console, installing nutserts, then attached the radio bracket and radio. Also ordered a panel mount Jack, which I'll install this weekend, along with tidying up the wiring. Thanks for the pictures everyone!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081P826R6/?tag=wranglerorg-20
20210912_125014-jpg.jpg

Oh I have an inverter,looks like a job to take apart and install the front outlet on the dash and the guts behind and hidden,but it would be cool,I didnā€™t know if thatā€™s what you did,I mean is there an inverter behind the plug?
No, the inverter itself is under the steering column:

86.jpg
82.jpg

Thanx for your kind words. I probably wouldn't have bothered with it, but I inherited the inverter (300 watt) from my late father. It's apparently early 2000s vintage. I have no idea what he bought it for, or used it for - if anything - but it was just lying around so I thought "why not?". I've even used it a few times - it powers a Dirt Devil hand vac very nicely, and I have an old laptop with no battery that I plug into it when I want to reprogram my Ham radio.

Thanx for your kind words. I probably wouldn't have bothered with it, but I inherited the inverter (300 watt) from my late father. It's apparently early 2000s vintage. I have no idea what he bought it for, or used it for - if anything - but it was just lying around so I thought "why not?". I've even used it a few times - it powers a Dirt Devil hand vac very nicely, and I have an old laptop with no battery that I plug into it when I want to reprogram my Ham radio.
We will be towing ours when we become full time rv-ers I will need to charge all my tools,do you have more pics of the way you installed it in the blank on the dash

We will be towing ours when we become full time rv-ers I will need to charge all my tools,do you have more pics of the way you installed it in the blank on the dash
This is about the best I can do - just a hole cut/filed to hold a snap in receptacle...
8b.jpg

Here I want to offer you stuff to clean your dirty jeep DLL For more information you can visit our webside below

Station Tools - Pressure Washers, Power Tools, Generators, Electrician's Tools
Here I want to offer you a bag of dicks to eat. For more information, you can Google the website "meat swing" and enjoy.

That is sorta kinda right in front of the airbag isnā€™t it? Just sayinā€¦.
If youā€™ve seen how air bags deploy youā€™ll notice itā€™s not right it front and would be pushed out since the bag is right in the center of the passenger seat.