Where is everyone buying their aftermarket parts from?

Most recently, the junk yard.
20220115_150121.jpg
20220122_131458.jpg

I personally try and avoid Amazon and E-Bay. Lot of counterfeit and cheap junk...hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I've ordered from 4wp, Summit and RockAuto.

Be mindful a lot of us are waiting a long time for parts and mods.

I have everything assembled for a Super 30 and 35 conversion except my 35 e-locker...looks like it will be months before it arrives.

I also need a Walker header to CAT exhaust section...that's been delayed another month.

Lots of people are modifying vehicles these days.

Personally l would suggest learning to make your own parts. Welding, 3d printing, x y plasma tables and cutters are cheaper than ever...steel prices are however through the roof...I need to fab up a fire trailer...cheaper than buying a skid for my truck...plus then the truck/jeep/tractor or a neighbor can move it as needed...I estimated I would need $1200 in metal two or three years ago and I cost it out the other day at $3k plus.

Be patient with your suppliers and shippers.

-Mac

Hey just wanted to see what are some places everyone is buying aftermarket parts at.
The trick is to figure out what you want/need first, then shop around for the best price.
Catalogs like Quadratec will make every item sound like it's the best must have product since sliced bread.

typically rock auto for everything, oem too. unless I cant wait, which usually ends up being the nearest auto parts store whichever has the better quality item in stock.

ive had a couple oem items drop shipped from a dealer via the purchase on rock auto.

Straight from the manufacturer for my suspension parts. Everything else has been Amazon, Morris 4x4, or Autozone when in a pinch. I've got quite a bit from Morris 4x4. I know many on here have had bad experiences with them, but I've been happy dealing with them so far.

4WP was helpful with my lift kit, wheels, & tires.
I also like the fact that they offer a great warranty on parts that they install.
This was especially helpful for me as I was not in a position to do the install myself.

I'm the cheapskate who gets a lot of stuff from Amazon. Rock Auto is my next go-to, but I hate paying for shipping and their shipping is on the slow side. Their prices are usually good, and I like that you have a lot of control in the brands, but once you factor in the shipping it's usually on par with Amazon and Amazon can get it to me tomorrow. I also have a hook up at 4WP so for bigger ticket items they carry I'll go there (but they ain't installing nothing!)

Reactions: Zorba
I just got some parts from my front end in the last couple weeks and they came from, summit, northridge, Amazon, and placing an order from rockjock tomorrow. So not anyplace in part

Recently extremeterrain more than quadratec. Otherwise Amazon, or other specialty retailers... ARR, Rockjock, Adams, Savvy, etc

4WP was helpful with my lift kit, wheels, & tires.
I also like the fact that they offer a great warranty on parts that they install.
This was especially helpful for me as I was not in a position to do the install myself.
How much did they charge you to install the lift if you dont' mind me asking.

I've had my LJ for 11 months, and my buying spree since then has taken me to these vendors for all manner of stuff:

4wd.com
4WheelParts
4x4TruckLEDs.com
Amazon
AutoAnything.com
Autozone
BagRiders.com
Barnes 4wd
Bartact (Trek Armor)
BatteryCablesUSA.com
Black Magic Brakes
Black Oak LED
Buchanan Precision Machine
CPP Diesel
Crimp Supply
Custom3DFab.com
DesertRat.com
DiscountBandit.com
Ebay
Factor 55
Fumoto
JustForJeeps.com
Lake-View Electronics
LiftKits4Less.com
LUX Lighting Systems
Mcgard
MidwestJeepWillys.com
Morris 4x4 Center
NewWireMarine.com
Northridge 4x4
OTRATTW.com
PixelDecals.com
Poly Performance
Quadratec
RealTruck.com
Remington Industries
Revolution Gear & Axle
RockAuto.com
Rockhard4x4
RockJock4x4
Rockslide Engineering
Savvy Offroad
Singer Alternators
Summit Racing Equipment
SuperBrightLEDs.com
T And J Performance
Tactical Recovery Equipment
The DirtWorx
TheGearSpot.com
TruckProUSA
Waytek
Whitbread Performance Innovations, LLC

• Wow
Reactions: JMT
How much did they charge you to install the lift if you dont' mind me asking.
IIRC, it was about $1600 for the kit and installation.
It was worth every penny since I knew what they were going to have to deal with on the rear shocks & I don't have the space to do that big of a project in my condo garage.