Where is the best place for an antenna ball mount?

HF mobile antennas are not something I have first-hand experience with, I'm just running 2m on my Jeep which doesn't require much of a mount. I'd go right to Ham Radio Outlet at https://www.hamradio.com/ for something like that. Search for "ball mount" on HRO's website and a half-dozen choices will pop up.

I have a big HF rig at home but I've never had the desire to install an HF radio into the Jeep.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Roberson
Where is the best place for an antenna ball mount? Want to try out a 40m ham-stick type antenna.
Thank you

I just use a Teraflex mount for my day-to-day NMO antenna for my 2m rig but I added another connector for my portable use of an HF antenna. I use a basic Hustler spring mount to decrease stress on the Teraflex and Jeep body but I don't drive with that antenna deployed.

BTW, I was just playing with the HF setup and thought I'd include a PSKReporter map of 15 minutes of a few contacts. Jeeps are okay for portable antenna holders. Expensive though.

image.png ant1.jpeg ant2.jpeg

Last edited:
It was suppose to be, Jerry if you're not on Chris' payroll, you need a new agent. Always appreciate you sharing knowledge.