Where is the passenger side footwell light located?

MagMan

I know this is a stupid question but I'm new to the TJ. Where is the passenger side footwell light located? I found the drivers side but not the passenger side. It my 2002 TJ. Could somebody show me a picture where its located please
Thanks MagMan

There are NO stupid questions. The light it pretty much dead center above the passenger footwell just a little behind the dash plastic under the glove compartment. The bulb is usually covered with a white plastic dome which I have removed because it unnecessarily reduces the light from the bulb. I also have an LED bulb in mine.
Here are a couple shots coming from the passenger seat, looking down below the glove compartment and then traveling down and looking up.

Reactions: Allstar424
There are NO stupid questions. The light it pretty much dead center above the passenger footwell just a little behind the dash plastic under the glove compartment. The bulb is usually covered with a white plastic dome which I have removed because it unnecessarily reduces the light from the bulb. I also have an LED bulb in mine.
Here are a couple shots coming from the passenger seat, looking down below the glove compartment and then traveling down and looking up.
View attachment 79547View attachment 79548
Ok thanks,,,I looked earlier but I didnt see it, the drivers side was easy to find. It didnt have a bulb in it and I'm sure when I find the passengers side I'm sure it dont have a bulb either. One other thing when I shut the door it takes a few seconds for the dome light to go off and about 2x the seconds the odometer light goes off. I didnt know if the odometer light was suppose to stay on about 20 seconds after the door is shut.

View attachment 79547View attachment 79548
I've looked all over and cant find it, I done even see the same stuff as in your picture

Ok thank all. I found it somebody had it unplugged and tucked away. So I found it and gonna be adding LCDs
Be wary of installing LED bulbs willy-nilly around the Jeep. LED bulbs are not only light bulbs, they are also diodes which can cause odd problems in some circuits. Odds are they'll be ok in the footwell light sockets but they can cause problems elsewhere.

Be wary of installing LED bulbs willy-nilly around the Jeep. LED bulbs are not only light bulbs, they are also diodes which can cause odd problems in some circuits. Odds are they'll be ok in the footwell light sockets but they can cause problems elsewhere.
What do I need to keep an eye out for? I dont need any problems. LOL

Ok thank all. I found it somebody had it unplugged and tucked away. So I found it and gonna be adding LCDs
i
I looked for one in my tj and couldn't find one. I did see a black connector with 1 blue and 1 purple wire that was up under the glove box not connected to anything, is that what you have.

I know this is a stupid question but I'm new to the TJ. Where is the passenger side footwell light located? I found the drivers side but not the passenger side. It my 2002 TJ. Could somebody show me a picture where its located please
Thanks MagMan
Not all TJs came with the footwell lights.

Reactions: hamrickac
Yeah, found that out the hard way. Installed LED’s in for the front turns and markers, nothing worked right., so back to Incan for those.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I’ve replaced almost all of my bulbs to LED, the only ones I haven’t changed yet are the fog lights, underhood light and the very small indicator lights in the gauge cluster. I haven’t noticed any problems anywhere. What kind of problems would they cause? Jerry can you explain?

I’ve replaced almost all of my bulbs to LED, the only ones I haven’t changed yet are the fog lights, underhood light and the very small indicator lights in the gauge cluster. I haven’t noticed any problems anywhere. What kind of problems would they cause? Jerry can you explain?

Front turn signals and side markers
They alternate blinks, LED being diodes don’t draw enough current to alternate it. (I’m not great with electronics)
I have LED reverse lights with no problems. Aftermarket LED break lights usually have no problems either.

Reactions: KCsTJ