Where is the turn signal flasher relay located?

ScottyZ

Is there an actual flasher unit for the turn signals, or is it integral to the multifunction switch?? My TJ is a 2001. Thanks!

IIRC on your year, it is connected on top of the multifunction switch

it is under the dash next to the steering column, turn on the blinkers and listen for the clicking!
Well I finally got all my led bulbs and correct flasher. The flasher is a little hard to get to and bolted down too. It’s not on the firewall per the previous reply

Reactions: Twopoint
Well I finally got all my led bulbs and correct flasher. The flasher is a little hard to get to and bolted down too. It’s not on the firewall per the previous reply
Just realize if you replace the side marker incandescent bulbs with LEDs they won't work right with the LEDs. That circuit reverses current flow direction when the headlights are turned on/off and LED bulbs don't allow current flow in the other direction like incandescent bulbs do.

Just realize if you replace the side marker incandescent bulbs with LEDs they won't work right with the LEDs. That circuit reverses current flow direction when the headlights are turned on/off and LED bulbs don't allow current flow in the other direction like incandescent bulbs do.

One would almost think there is a diode involved.

One would almost think there is a diode involved.

Hello folks. Im not well versed in auto electric systems. Basically, is there an additional part or parts i need to get to have the marker lights illuminate properly? I bought the flasher relay and LEDs for the rear lights. Do i need anything else for the front? Thanks in advance!

LEDs wont work in the front. Light Emitting Diodes.
Hello folks. Im not well versed in auto electric systems. Basically, is there an additional part or parts i need to get to have the marker lights illuminate properly? I bought the flasher relay and LEDs for the rear lights. Do i need anything else for the front? Thanks in advance!

Is there an actual flasher unit for the turn signals, or is it integral to the multifunction switch?? My TJ is a 2001. Thanks!

There is a flasher right under the steering column cover, right in front of the gauge cluster IIRC. Different year jeeps require different flashers when converting to LED, not too sure if that's the same for stock replacement.