Where to buy 2006 Wrangler ECM?

BMAC

I am trying to replace my 2006 Jeep Wrangler ECM and have not been having much luck. I sent my ECM to carcomputerexchange.com and they couldn't repair and wont send back my ECM. I want to buy one but dont know who to trust. Anyone had any luck with purchasing a ECM for your wrangler online?

Hang on, they won’t send your ECM back to you? YOUR ecm?? Pretty sure that’s theft :rolleyes:

Also I’ll have @Chris chime in. He’s very good at keeping tabs on people who can rebuild/tune TJ ecm’s.

Oh and this looks like this is your first post. Welcome to the forum! You’ll find lots of great people and extremely useful information here :)

Reactions: Chris
Guys you are a life saver. I saw FS1 but didnt know their reputation. I just purchased a rebuilt ECM off their website. Gave them my VIN. I will let you know how it all turns out with FS1 when it comes in. Thanks for the great help and amazing forum.

Guys you are a life saver. I saw FS1 but didnt know their reputation. I just purchased a rebuilt ECM off their website. Gave them my VIN. I will let you know how it all turns out with FS1 when it comes in. Thanks for the great help and amazing forum.

Happy to help! FS1 is good. Like I said, @wrangler6035 is active on the forum, and he works for FS1. They warranty the PCMs, and a number of people have had good luck with them.

I intend to buy one as a spare for myself.

Yes please let us know! Too many times people don’t follow up with results after we offer potential solutions. Curious to know how it will work on your Jeep.

So I just installed the ECM from FS1 and took my jeep for a test drive and it drives better than it ever has. It truly was a plug and play. I made sure the battery was disconnected and plug in the ECM, 5 min later the Jeep ran like a champ. I will continue to update this thread if things change but so far.....AMAZING!!

So I just installed the ECM from FS1 and took my jeep for a test drive and it drives better than it ever has. It truly was a plug and play. I made sure the battery was disconnected and plug in the ECM, 5 min later the Jeep ran like a champ. I will continue to update this thread if things change but so far.....AMAZING!!
Congrats! Glad to know FS1 has our backs in case of any type of failure. Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update. Looks like FS1 is really the go to place for replacement PCMs for our TJs!

I am still confused about how a company can refuse to give you back an ECM you sent them.
Right? That’s essentially the same as sending your jeep to a shop to get fixed, and they can’t fix the problem so they just keep it. That’s flat-out theft.

Thank you @Chris for the recommendations! We appreciate all of you guys taking a look and giving our business a chance!