Where to get a new or rebuilt PCM?

If I remember right when looking for my replacement PCM the most expensive and in shortest supply are the 05-06 PCM and then depending on what earlier year they went down in price a lot and up in availability.
And for the record my fs-1 PCM if still working fine it seems I not really sure why I had that one little hiccup a few months back guess it could have been almost a dozen unrelated things?

Just an update, G7 Computers gave me a full refund. They initially had a problem with their site accepting payments and sending refunds, but they answered all my calls/emails immediately and stayed with me every step of the way until I received my refund. Excellent customer service!

Now, my next option is a refurbished unit from FS1. Skeptical from the reviews online, but considering them because they are about $300-600 cheaper than others. Hmm..

Reactions: Chris
Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered a reman unit from FS1 yesterday. I contacted @wrangler6035 and he set me up with the info needed and a customer service rep called me soon thereafter. I'll update on the process, service, and if this fixes my issue.

I received a notification that my computer was delivered today. Wednesday to Wednesday, not bad. Hoping this fixes my issue. Awaiting 5 o'clock! Will update.

Reactions: wrangler6035
Greetings,
I am late to this game since my pcm just died here recently. Just as confused as others as to how to address this issue. Mr. 400: hope you have good results, because it is between your choice and module gods/ecm repair for me.. Please keep us posted. Thanks.

It definitely is an issue. Mine went out about 6 months ago and I got a reman. this is where I got mine.

Adam
904-990-5139
Nationwide Parts Distributors & Module Experts

6873 Phillips Industrial Blvd suite “B”
Jacksonville Florida 32256
Fax: 904-680-5119
[email protected]
https://moduleexperts.com/contact-us/

They have lifetime warranty but they aren't perfect out of the box from my one experience. The first one I received did not work correctly. We got the pcm installed and it still wouldn't start. We felt like it was the fuel pump even though we could hear it prime. So we replaced the fuel pump and it would stay started but running terrible if you tried to accelerate. Also throwing several codes. codes were P-0203, p0031, p0037, p0051, p0057. Technician said these were common codes on the 05 and 06 LJ's when there was a bad PCM. So I had to send it back, and then they resent a second one. Of course I had to have each one programmed, so that was extra $$$ out of my pocket. But the second one has worked fine. Oh and it was about $1000 just for the pcm August 2018. He said they would probably go up in price b/c they're hard for them to get to reman.

• Wow
Reactions: Mikester86
Ordered one from FS1. Upon install the SKIM light illuminated on the dash. I had spoken at length with the sales rep about the "grey key" before purchase and was assured it would be programmed accordingly.
Notified FS1 and was given an RMA with return address. Got a tracking number when the unit shipped back to FS1, and it shows they received it a week ago.
Have reached out on numerous occasions over the past week by phone and e-mail. All questions about replacement or refund result in being put on hold, or told a customer representative will be in contact.
Must admit at this point it is discouraging.

• Sad
Reactions: Mikester86
Agreed........
I was originally going with modulegods, but I got nervous when I found out Kasey was no longer with them.
May have been a mistake on my part.

The shady thing about all of this is that every one of these companies is literally just getting their PCMs from out auto salvage yards, plain and simple. They get them "inspect them" (which is pretty much a joke) for any obvious signs of failure (such as leaking capacitors), and then resell them to people like you and me.

These companies don't posses any sort of equipment that allows them to replace bad processors within the PCM or anything like that, so in all reality it's kind of a joke.

You could go buy a PCM yourself out of a wrecked TJ (just make sure it's from a similar year / model) and put it in your TJ. You'd have to make sure you had someone to deal with the SKIM system and reprogramming it (if you have SKIM), but there are other people around here that can do that besides these places.

The only thing you'd want to be sure of is that whichever auto salvage yard you bought the PCM from, that they had at least a 30 day return policy on it, just incase it wasn't working.

Yeah, I had planned to do a "stroker build" to see if it was a good fit for me. However, with the lack of PCM options it may be best to go ls swap.

I wouldn't dump that kind of money into a stroker personally. I'd put on a supercharger way before that, or if you want to play big, out in an LS, or the cheaper option would be the 5.9 Magnum like @Wildman has. That's a great choice for a lot less than an LS!

I wouldn't dump that kind of money into a stroker personally. I'd put on a supercharger way before that, or if you want to play big, out in an LS, or the cheaper option would be the 5.9 Magnum like @Wildman has. That's a great choice for a lot less than an LS!

With a 2005 TJ/LJ he would have to go with a Hemi or LS to keep it smog legal. While I know that isn't important to everyone if you are trying to follow federal laws even is there isn't any local laws you have to use a engine from the same year or newer than the one you are swapping into. They stopped offering the magnum engines in 2002 with a few in 2003.

No local laws. But I do travel to the Rockies and the Smokies when it's play time, so federal laws are a consideration.
Thanks Chris, I'll check out the @Wildman build, always interested in good choices for less coin.
Might be able to save enough to start eyeballing @mrblaine.............hope that didn't sound wierd...

No local laws. But I do travel to the Rockies and the Smokies when it's play time, so federal laws are a consideration.
Thanks Chris, I'll check out the @Wildman build, always interested in good choices for less coin.
Might be able to save enough to start eyeballing @mrblaine.............hope that didn't sound wierd...

It comes down to one of those situations of 1) If you move to a area that has emissions testing. 2) If they start emissions testing where you live 3) If you ever try to sell it to someone who lives in a emissions testing area 4) Not likely to happen but a federal inspector could fine you, very unlikely.

The Hemi engines and LS engine swaps from what I have read cost about the same if you pay someone to do the wiring for you. If not then I am not sure. Either engine will need to be tuned once you get them installed. So finding a shop to do this can play into which platform you choose.

Haven't done as much research on the Hemi swap as I should have, guess I've been drinking the ls kool-aid.
And thank you for your service, I work on a large depot and appreciate all the liberties our service members defend.

Haven't done as much research on the Hemi swap as I should have, guess I've been drinking the ls kool-aid.
And thank you for your service, I work on a large depot and appreciate all the liberties our service members defend.

There isn't anything wrong with a LS swap in anyway shape or form. Chevy has always made a great engine (barr a few) but I liked staying in the same manufacturer just because. When my engine swap was done in 2005 the tech for the LS swap wasn't around. If I was doing it now instead of then maybe I would have gone the LS route.

The Hemi will cost more to build than the LS. It is just the way it is. Chevy and Ford gets more aftermarket support than Mopar. Always has. Doesn't mean you can't build a Hemi to make as much power it will just cost a little more.

My 5.9 is getting a stroker crank which will make it a 6.7. When done it should be pushing around 500+ HP and 525-540 TQ at the crank.
Thanks I was always proud to serve.

Received my replacement from FS1. Installed and went for about a 20 mile test drive. Starts and runs fine with no dash lights so far.

Wow what a problem,I need to get my computer rebuilt ,has any body heard of a place called Bba or carcomputerexchange I plan on calling both places tomorrow.