Where to get a new or rebuilt PCM?

This is true. It was the same issue when I had the ECU on my E39 M5 repaired. Shops were hit and miss. Some could do it, others couldn’t. Most just wanted to replace it with a re-manufactured one.
Not jeep related, but do you still have the E39 M5? Beautiful car. My brother has an e46 M3.

I had been struggling with my alternator not charging for a few months and finally determined it was the ECM. Long story short, I replaced the coil rail on my 2002 and didn't have the 6th plug boot on correctly and it arced and shorted the voltage regulator in the ECM. I found this thread and ended up ordering a replacement from Mark at Wranglerfix. He personally answered the phone while on a test drive, took my number, then called me back within 30 minutes. He was very familiar with my ECM and the issue. The ECM arrived in a couple of days and is working fine so far. Everything is back to normal and no check engine light. I am probably going to send my old to him to get fixed and keep it as a spare.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Glad I found this post. Just canceled my order at FS1 and called Mark at wranglerfix.com. Replacement PCM coming on Monday! Glad to do business with a dedicated Jeep wrangler company right here in Florida!

G'Day all just short of a month of daily driver on my FS1 PCM and I have had zero issues. Throttle response is much better and with that the Jeep tends to use more fuel when getting on it!
Just thought I'd drop an update to the FS1 PCM 20,000+ miles ... still no issues or concerns. Very pleased with the PCM i received!!

We had similar issue with the stock ECM in our ‘05 LJ and ordered a wranglerfix.com ECM this last spring ‘21 and had an issue with O2 sensor even after replacing the sensor, called Mark and explained the issue and he sent a second unit out and we returned the first one. We have not had any issues with the 2nd unit in over 1,000 miles. Wrangler fix.com is an awesome company.

Not sure about this company , but they have them in stock.
https://www.fs1inc.com/jeep-ecu-ecm-pcm.html

Never do business with FS1; that are a scam outfit that takes your money but never sends your part. I know this first hand being desperate for a PCM for my 2005 TJ. I have all the transactions and emails to back this up. Check the better business bureau for their ratings and complaints. When checked it in 2019 their over 850 complaints of fraud. NY will not prosecute for petty crimes less than $1000 so they keep the theft just below that threshold. I never got my PCM nor a refund from FS1 but I turned them over to my credit card company to deal with them The credit card company refunded my loss after they tried to intervene with FS1; once they verified the fraud the CC reimbursed my loss.
I did get my PCM rebuilt from Blue Steak via Autozone. Very affordable and it has been 100% now for over 2 years. I highly recommend them

Best of luck
Zippyman1962

Im not sold on it. Its still autozone.
But it might be worth risk if you needed something quick. I was just wondering if anyone had used one from there

They use Blue Streak out of Canada. Mine was rebuilt 3 years ago and I have had no issues with it at all. I have a 2005 TJ 4l with a 6 speed tranny. The issue I had was intermittent CPS & CK sensors. All good now. And yes it was <$400 total with a 1 year warranty. Very pleased.

Do you happen to remember the company name? I actually spoke to the guy down there but that was 2 years ago and I misplaced his contact info. Thanks

• USA Proud