Where to get a new or rebuilt PCM?

I’m happy to be able to make a positive final post a bit over 500 miles after replacing my tj’s computer, any learning, forgetting and general insanity should have happened by now if there were any resident issues and my 42lre is shifting fine, starting as it should and everything appears normal thank you FS1 for delivering me a working replacement PCM for my TJ as I much appreciate putting this inconvience behind me. I was hopeful I’d see a little improvement in fuel economy and the first tank was slightly better, but over the 500 mile span I’d say no change in fuel economy, although I still feel the engine seems smoother to me.

Best of luck to those in progress, please let me know how it works out.

Thanks everyone for the help and thank you @wrangler6035 for following along, I’d had a hunch related businesses might check forums from past experience and was very happy to see you offer the connection. Your being from the company and learning you were active here increased my confidence in fs1, I’m sure others feel the same and I hope to see you active here in the future.

I’m happy to be able to make a positive final post a bit over 500 miles after replacing my tj’s computer, any learning, forgetting and general insanity should have happened by now if there were any resident issues and my 42lre is shifting fine, starting as it should and everything appears normal thank you FS1 for delivering me a working replacement PCM for my TJ as I much appreciate putting this inconvience behind me. I was hopeful I’d see a little improvement in fuel economy and the first tank was slightly better, but over the 500 mile span I’d say no change in fuel economy, although I still feel the engine seems smoother to me.

Best of luck to those in progress, please let me know how it works out.

Thanks everyone for the help and thank you @wrangler6035 for following along, I’d had a hunch related businesses might check forums from past experience and was very happy to see you offer the connection. Your being from the company and learning you were active here increased my confidence in fs1, I’m sure others feel the same and I hope to see you active here in the future.

Thanks for sharing this! So there is hope for us TJ owners after all. I'm glad @wrangler6035 found the forum. Sounds like FS1 is running a stand-up operation! I'll recommend them to all current and future TJ owners looking for a PCM.

Reactions: wrangler6035
Received my PCM this evening, was well packed as 1515Art described his PCM. Pins and case were all in good shape. Once installed the jeep fired right up, idle was much smoother. Let it run for 5 minutes, shut it off made sure to calibrate the TSP and fired her back up drove out to the hi-way 10 miles in and out. Overall performance felt great very satisfied, my PCM was having trouble (good news!) Bad news the misfire with a quick throttle push came back after the PCM was trained. So I've missed something, I don't believe it's the PCM, like I said the rig is running much better now.

Received my PCM this evening, was well packed as 1515Art described his PCM. Pins and case were all in good shape. Once installed the jeep fired right up, idle was much smoother. Let it run for 5 minutes, shut it off made sure to calibrate the TSP and fired her back up drove out to the hi-way 10 miles in and out. Overall performance felt great very satisfied, my PCM was having trouble (good news!) Bad news the misfire with a quick throttle push came back after the PCM was trained. So I've missed something, I don't believe it's the PCM, like I said the rig is running much better now.
Feeling pain for you, how many miles did you clock before the misfire returned?

Reactions: MuleSknner
UPDATE: Success! I decided there was very few items I hadn't replaced coil, dist sensor and crank sensor. So I picked them up along with the recommended plug from the plugs thread.
decided to start with the easiest replacement... coil and HELLO! mis-fire gone!! Guess the old one was marginal at low RPM...
Motor is running better than it ever did since I've owned it!!

Reactions: Chris
UPDATE: Success! I decided there was very few items I hadn't replaced coil, dist sensor and crank sensor. So I picked them up along with the recommended plug from the plugs thread.
decided to start with the easiest replacement... coil and HELLO! mis-fire gone!! Guess the old one was marginal at low RPM...
Motor is running better than it ever did since I've owned it!!

Hopefully you used OE Mopar replacement parts, otherwise those check engine lights are you going to come back ;)

Glad to know it's all sorted out though!

Reactions: MuleSknner
At the 500 mile mark for my FS1 PCM and no issues to report. The motor runs smoother than ever before (of course the ignition\fuel system had issues other than the PCM). Did some snow wheeling this weekend in support of the local Forest Service and had a blast with it running so well!

Snowy1.jpg

At the 500 mile mark for my FS1 PCM and no issues to report. The motor runs smoother than ever before (of course the ignition\fuel system had issues other than the PCM). Did some snow wheeling this weekend in support of the local Forest Service and had a blast with it running so well!

View attachment 66334
Glad to here that. I just hit the 1800 mile mark.

Reactions: Chris
I am tempted to get one just to have on the shelf, because when I need one, it wont be available anywhere for less than a kidney or lung...

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me! I have these available with a lifetime warranty (347) 741-7816
Sad to say after just a month my new (reconditioned) PCM is not working went out to start my Jeep and no crank, put my old PCM back in and it fired right up. Been on hold for the last 15 minutes waiting for fs1 to pick up the phone in the service area????

Sad to say after just a month my new (reconditioned) PCM is not working went out to start my Jeep and no crank, put my old PCM back in and it fired right up. Been on hold for the last 15 minutes waiting for fs1 to pick up the phone in the service area????

Keep us posted on how they handle it!

I would recommend sending an e-mail to [email protected] and they will forward to the person who is handling your account in the customer service side of the building.
Perhaps it’s a holiday, no ones seems available to answer the phones at fs1 I’ll send them an email and try calling again tomorrow also sent a return request through eBay.

Geez*#@#$, I’m trying it be completely fair to FS1, so I put the new PCM back in and gave it another try and the damn tj fired up. Nothing else different and never touched the shift lever and haven’t done anything to the ignition switch it is now starting every try. Disconnecting the battery last night worked once and last night doing the disconnect didn’t help doing it again, only thing I did today was switch the PCM a couple of times with a battery disconnect each time all of a sudden everything is working again? Guess I’ll have to just drive it and see if quits again and hopefully not someplace super inconvenient.

Geez*#@#$, I’m trying it be completely fair to FS1, so I put the new PCM back in and gave it another try and the damn tj fired up. Nothing else different and never touched the shift lever and haven’t done anything to the ignition switch it is now starting every try. Disconnecting the battery last night worked once and last night doing the disconnect didn’t help doing it again, only thing I did today was switch the PCM a couple of times with a battery disconnect each time all of a sudden everything is working again? Guess I’ll have to just drive it and see if quits again and hopefully not someplace super inconvenient.

You sure it's not something simple like this?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BYX8W8/?tag=wranglerorg-20