Where to get roll bar pads?

Conmark

Would anyone happen to know where I can find roll bar pads for a 2006 Rubicon? Just bought the Jeep but the pads were gone. Appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

Bestop makes padding for the roll bars, but it's very poorly reviewed, which is why I never ended up buying it.

Actually, I've looked at every single aftermarket roll bar padding I could find for the TJ, and every single one of them was poorly reviewed with people typically complaining that they didn't fit right.

My suggestion would be to check eBay or http://car-part.com for a set of stock roll bar padding. Either that, or have an upholstery shop make a set for you, which wouldn't be that hard for them to do in all honesty. The aftermarket stuff is all junk.

Reactions: Airjunky
Here is some funky ones that I would probably sport if I didn't have a Trektop. I don't think my top would fit with these and I don't want to have that be a part or putting on or taking off the top, but if I ever just get to a point where I am not going to have a top or if I go back to a factory type top I might consider these. Especially because the Arizona sun just turned my stock covers into vapor. I think these might hold up better in the sun, and they are awful looking and nostalgic looking.

Anyway here is the link to some funky roll bar covers for your TJ if you are up to it:

https://www.candycovers.net/

Here is some funky ones that I would probably sport if I didn't have a Trektop. I don't think my top would fit with these and I don't want to have that be a part or putting on or taking off the top, but if I ever just get to a point where I am not going to have a top or if I go back to a factory type top I might consider these. Especially because the Arizona sun just turned my stock covers into vapor. I think these might hold up better in the sun, and they are awful looking and nostalgic looking.

Anyway here is the link to some funky roll bar covers for your TJ if you are up to it:

Oh man those are hideous!

Reactions: ac_
I watched ebay for several weeks and finally picked up a set of OEM covers, tossed them into the washer and they came out nice.

Reactions: Chris
I watched ebay for several weeks and finally picked up a set of OEM covers, tossed them into the washer and they came out nice.
I’ve been thinking of removing mine for a wash. Didn’t know if it would help much. Thanks to you I will now give it a shot.

Reactions: TJ4Jim
I purchased Bestop back in 2013 and haven’t had any problems with them at all. If you get them be sure to order the correct year, since they changed after the 02 model.

93438219-1DED-46B6-81A1-271EE3BB810B.jpeg

I like Bestop products, it sure would be nice to see a detailed review of roll bar pads, I bought a set from Quadratec , I think they were Rogged Ridge, horrible, and they did not stand behind them.

I have to agree with Chris some of the colors are pretty nasty. However, you can get them in black. I book marked them fro future reference.

Fonz

Reactions: ac_
I know this is an old thread. But thought for posterity sake I'd add that I'm going to try painting mine with fabric SEM spray paint. I to read all the reviews and don't see a single aftermarket set worth buying. Mine are only sun damaged. So I'm trying the fabric paint. I'm sure they will fade again. But being able to touch up with a spray can is nice reward. Anyone know what the original covers were made of?

I would suggest getting an OEM set and restoring them. Summit Racing sells alot of aftermarket foam. Some of it pro level stuff like for a race car. As well as just nice foam for fairly cheap. SEM Chrysler slate grey should match the interior colors nicely. It's what I'm going to use on the door panels and dash. Or just straight up black on the pads.

I'm going to use Color Coat from SEM. Specifically for fabric and other similar surfaces. Alot cheaper than replacing them. I would think a good cleaning with a scotchbrite pad, soap and water would do for prep. Let the water dry out. Then maybe some mineral spirits or denatured alcohol. Then paint. Probably want to tape off the zippers. This all depends on what they are made of though. Poly/cotton? Vinyl?

https://www.66autocolor.com/car-interior-spray-paint-s/213.htm

I know this is an old thread. But thought for posterity sake I'd add that I'm going to try painting mine with fabric SEM spray paint. I to read all the reviews and don't see a single aftermarket set worth buying. Mine are only sun damaged. So I'm trying the fabric paint. I'm sure they will fade again. But being able to touch up with a spray can is nice reward. Anyone know what the original covers were made of?

I would suggest getting an OEM set and restoring them. Summit Racing sells alot of aftermarket foam. Some of it pro level stuff like for a race car. As well as just nice foam for fairly cheap. SEM Chrysler slate grey should match the interior colors nicely. It's what I'm going to use on the door panels and dash. Or just straight up black on the pads.

I'm going to use Color Coat from SEM. Specifically for fabric and other similar surfaces. Alot cheaper than replacing them. I would think a good cleaning with a scotchbrite pad, soap and water would do for prep. Let the water dry out. Then maybe some mineral spirits or denatured alcohol. Then paint. Probably want to tape off the zippers. This all depends on what they are made of though. Poly/cotton? Vinyl?

https://www.66autocolor.com/car-interior-spray-paint-s/213.htm
Don't use paint, use an upholstery dye made for vinyl. All auto parts stores carry aerosol vinyl dyes in all imaginable colors. Throw them in the washer first.