Where to get the original Jeep horn sound on the cheap?

nondem

TJ Enthusiast
Does anyone know of a way to get the original jeep beep beep(think MASH) horn on the cheap?
I see legit repro options for $150 and up to $300ish but I'm wondering if there are less expensive options. Cheap motorcycle horns are similar but not the same tone.

Then you would need to find people into flatfenders. Someone would have a spare one. But it may run off 6 volt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1932975949...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Moglocker
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I bought a Marinco Shorty Electric Horn (Marine) on Ebay that was very loud and sounded like the original “beep beep” of the early Jeeps. I got it for about $60 and was just looking for something louder than the factory sick goat one and the tone was a bonus.

Thanks...I went with a modern
My used '03 Rubi only came with 1 horn, think it was the low note. I added a second horn, from an old VW Beetle, together it sounds great, just like you're looking for. Think it was < $15, eBay I believe. Make sure you get 12v model. Here's from AZ, you can always return if not what you like. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BYHFWQK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

This is what I ended up going with...it was in the sweet-spot of quality and price. In-person, it has the look and feel of a factory installed part.
It bolted right up and the mounting bar-thing is easily bendable to make it fit. I used the same bolt the OEM horn is mounted with and even left the OEM horn w/its connector in place. That way in 100 years when someone is restoring this jeep for a museum, all the parts/plugs will be there.

To the casual listener without an real one to compare to - it sounds identical to the vintage Jeeps.
I'm really happy with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
Nothing wrong with your horn tootin’ Dixie!

That, and a big Yee-Haw is what’s necessary when you’re jumpin’ your Jeep over the creek while being chased by the local Sheriff! 😹😹

They don't let us fly the stars and bars anymore down here...at least if you don't want to be vandalized.
I tell ya' the war of Northern Aggression was the beginning of the end of civilization.

They don't let us fly the stars and bars anymore down here...at least if you don't want to be vandalized.
I tell ya' the war of Northern Aggression was the beginning of the end of civilization.

Way too many people have a stick up their ass about way too many things!

What can I say? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: nondem