South Carolina Where to Wheel in SC?

As the title suggest guys, I'm trying to figure out where y'all wheel in/ near South Carolina? I know of Uhwarrue, Gulches and HDR already but are there any other parks or tail systems? Hell, even public land? I am located just out of Columbia so it seems like I'm a couple of hours away from every thing which sucks because the TJ isn't great at the whole getting there fast thing and I only have 1 day off a week usually so if it's more than a quick day trip I can't do it. Any suggestions would be great!

Charlotte based. Even though Uwharrie is only an hour away, I mostly go to the NC mountains. I like more technical than big stuff, and most of the time I'm heading back in to get access to remote camping, fishing, etc. With all the rain we've had lately the trails have been fun. We were up at Overland Expo East last weekend, and ran Richland Rd before we came home. Hurricane Creek not long before that. There's more trails, and a few other parks also.

What is HDR?

I’ve been wanting to go to Gulches, but haven’t had the time.

What is HDR?

I’ve been wanting to go to Gulches, but haven’t had the time.

Sorry, I meant GTR. It's a dirt bike complex but they have a "Jeep" trail. Mostly clay and sand but they did have one section with an optional rock climb. Not something to drive 2 hours for but if you're nearby and looking for a short day trip it's not bad. When I left one of the employees said they had another trail and I think they told me they were working on making some more.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Charlotte based. Even though Uwharrie is only an hour away, I mostly go to the NC mountains. I like more technical than big stuff, and most of the time I'm heading back in to get access to remote camping, fishing, etc. With all the rain we've had lately the trails have been fun. We were up at Overland Expo East last weekend, and ran Richland Rd before we came home. Hurricane Creek not long before that. There's more trails, and a few other parks also.

That's the kind of stuff that I've been trying to find, but it seems like unless you know someone you just have to wander until you come across it, otherwise you spend all day burning gas to have to turn around and go home. You wouldn't happen to have any kind of map or general location to look at do you?

That's the kind of stuff that I've been trying to find, but it seems like unless you know someone you just have to wander until you come across it, otherwise you spend all day burning gas to have to turn around and go home. You wouldn't happen to have any kind of map or general location to look at do you?
I know this is an old post, but just wanted to throw this out there. Join some of the upstate jeep clubs. They go on rides on a regular basis, and you wont be by yourself. We are members of SC Jeep Addicts. They are state wide but most rides are in the NC and GA mountains. There is also Upstate Legends Jeep Club out of Pickens. Hope this helps.