Where's the best place to mount switches?

thekidwithquestions

Acquiring Jeep funds...
Supporting Member
I am getting an arb locker soon and I already have a arb compressor and I need to know a good spot to mount my locker switch so its in easy reach, im looking at this, anyone have any better options?

SPod

6EF2428B-B079-42F7-89F8-7F2E76234E5D.jpeg

I am getting an arb locker soon and I already have a arb compressor and I need to know a good spot to mount my locker switch so its in easy reach, im looking at this, anyone have any better options?
I used that same panel for my locker switches. Worked out pretty well. I didn't use it in the intended location, however.
20201130_155155.jpg

I've always wondered if that location up on the windshield frame is extra susceptible to rain & the elements if you take the top off? I mean nobody plans to get caught topless in the rain, but it happens.

Also, on my JK I have the Apollointech version of the A-pillar mount, although they make one that mounts just like that one. It's way cheaper than the spod, but the relay box is really well made, and the switches are all Carling. Just throwing that out there.

Stock rocker switch locations. I did the 'dual panel switch mod' so I have a place for 6 different switches. With just a tiny bit of filing (and I mean a very minute amount) you can get the Carling/ARB/OTRTTW style switches to fit easily.

20200711_172708.jpg

Stock rocker switch locations. I did the 'dual panel switch mod' so I have a place for 6 different switches. With just a tiny bit of filing (and I mean a very minute amount) you can get the Carling/ARB/OTRTTW style switches to fit easily.

View attachment 271649
I would definitely do the dual panel mod if I had the older style dash. With my two extra switches in the blank panel on the right I also have room for 6 switches, just not as clean as 6 factory style switches.

Is that the artist formerly known as 12 Volt Guy, or is that a different dude?
I think it’s a different dude. I bought from both but had a hard time finding 12vguy last round. The guys name is Matt I think, it takes awhile to get custom stuff but it always comes out good. He did my dash panel cluster too.

IMG_6262.jpg