Which BBQ should I buy?

not sure what you are cooking on but on my Weber Kettle I add chunks on top of the coals. If I am doing the "snake method" I use smaller chunks/larger chips through out the chain of coals.

thats how i do it but I have soaked my chips 1st. I'll try using bigger chunks dry next time (y)

Reactions: cliffish
Get a pellet pooper and then as long as the hopper is full all you have to do is hit the power button.

naw, not going to buy one of them for the couple times a year i do a butt or brisket. most of my cooking is done on a blackstone only use the weber for doing those or cooking hot italian sausages ...

Reactions: cliffish
naw, not going to buy one of them for the couple times a year i do a butt or brisket. most of my cooking is done on a blackstone only use the weber for doing those or cooking hot italian sausages ...

Mines been smoking several days a week lately. The ability to monitor and control it from anywhere with cellphone signal means it's used more.

your on the wrong forum, join smokingmeatforums.com and you will fit right in. I now have an MES smoker, weber kettle, 2 griddles and a wood fired pizza oven.

love the Blackstone griddle and smokers
View attachment 343969

View attachment 343970

View attachment 343971

I need another forum like a hole in the head. I have joined more than enough forums to give me bad ideas and make me spend money I don't have. Already on BBQ-Brethren, that one really got the money flowing in the wrong direction, Just like the Toyota Lights I do not need on my TJ!

I need another forum like a hole in the head. I have joined more than enough forums to give me bad ideas and make me spend money I don't have. Already on BBQ-Brethren, that one really got the money flowing in the wrong direction, Just like the Toyota Lights I do not need on my TJ!

BBQ-Brethren influenced me to my MAK, I do love it though.

I hear you on I am on a corvette, Triumph TR6, this and smoking forums....they are all enablers! Where on the Island are you? I am north shore in Suffolk.

How do you keep a Jeeper in suspense??

Other than ordering something from Savvy...

IMG_2294.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
OK, so trying to smoke these ribs has been a shitshow all morning.

I need to rescind my Lousiana Grill recommendation until I see if/how they resolve my problem.

The Grill is set to 205, but runs up to 300 degrees. I can't get the fucking thing to come down in temperature. The only controls are the digital board.
So far the grill randomly shut off, ran up past 289 degrees.
I shut it down to restart.
Ran hot again, then randomly shut off again
Continues to run too hot (and I can't find the racks or the water tray for my vertical smoker)

I cleaned out all the ash this morning. I keep my pellets in a sealed Lowes 5-gallon bucket. I don't know what could be the issue, other than the control board.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
OK, so trying to smoke these ribs has been a shitshow all morning.

I need to rescind my Lousiana Grill recommendation until I see if/how they resolve my problem.

The Grill is set to 205, but runs up to 300 degrees. I can't get the fucking thing to come down in temperature. The only controls are the digital board.
So far the grill randomly shut off, ran up past 289 degrees.
I shut it down to restart.
Ran hot again, then randomly shut off again
Continues to run too hot (and I can't find the racks or the water tray for my vertical smoker)

I cleaned out all the ash this morning. I keep my pellets in a sealed Lowes 5-gallon bucket. I don't know what could be the issue, other than the control board.

You may have to talk to the manufacturer on that.

What charcoal do you use? I heard that Weber smokey is a good one, but it is rather expensive.

nothin fancy just kingsford most times. if i want smoke i'll toss in some damp chips.
a few times a yr i get a bag or 2 from some old geezer at work that makes his own at home from hardwood.. he runs a smokehouse on his farm. he does a whole smoked goose for 30$, man they are good.

Go Home Depot.. I like webber and Treiger, but our last windstorm we lost both. insurance… okay what insurance.. Just $249 every 3 years and you wont even have to clean it lol